PDA

View Full Version : business side of things

lauraR
02-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Hello,
Im just starting out on the process of registering with ofsted to hopefully start my childminding business after our new baby is arrives in january.

Ive already had over 8 years experience of working with children in a day nursery setting so feel i fairly confident about the caring side of the business.

However, i have absolutely no experience of running my own business and feel a little bit daunted by this. :eek: Where is the best place to get advice on the business side of things and do other minders have any difficulties in running their own business?

Many thanks laura. x

sarah707
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
You will get a lot of information during your introduction to childminding course.

You can also go on extra courses - the tax one is always worth doing even when you've been minding for years.

It is always worth making good relationships with local minders as there will be people who can help you if you get stuck.

Then of course we are here too.

Don't worry you'll be fine! :D

lauraR
03-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Thankyou sarah!

Yeah its just daunting ...the thought of possibly leaving my secure, predictable, no stress (and very boring) job when i finish maternity leave next year.

Childminding is something i want to do cos i do miss working with the kids and it will fit in perfectly with my kids, but dont think i could go back to a nursery setting.

This site looks great cos you can talk to others that know where youre coming from and have been through the same experiences, rather than pestering my development officer all the time! lovely though she is!

Thanks again. xxx