PDA

View Full Version : another hurdle

coffee-time
01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
feeling down again now! just found out theres another new childminder in my street who will also be picking up from the same school as me, im finding it hard to get any mindees as it is without the extra competition just down the road!!:angry:
and i can only offer a couple of days a week because of my other job that i cant afford to give up yet, she is minding all week!!
im sure shes a lovely person and we might become friends as we are both childminding but at the mo i feel really down:(
am gonna advertise a bit more i think too!

Tribe_mummy
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Hugs hun, I know how you feel! I am not even registered yet and all I am hearing is there is no call here for CM's atm :( One of the toddler groups I go to there are 4 CM's and they all only have 1 LO each maybe 2 on the odd day and I'm begining to think is it all worth it.

Try and stay positive hun and maybe like you say you may end up being friends with this lady :)

curlycathy
01-09-2010, 07:39 PM
You never know this lady might even be able to pass business your way. Stay positive. Hope things work out for you xx

coffee-time
03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
i saw her yesterday getting out of her car and was brave enough to go up to her and introduce myself!! she is finding it hard to get mindees too, and isnt dropping and picking up from the same school as me either, i suggested we swap numbers to pass on any mindees we cant do!!:clapping:
turned out ok in the end as usual! worrying about nothing again!!

wellybelly
04-09-2010, 06:27 AM
feeling down again now! just found out theres another new childminder in my street who will also be picking up from the same school as me, im finding it hard to get any mindees as it is without the extra competition just down the road!!:angry:
and i can only offer a couple of days a week because of my other job that i cant afford to give up yet, she is minding all week!!
im sure shes a lovely person and we might become friends as we are both childminding but at the mo i feel really down:(
am gonna advertise a bit more i think too!

Don't worry, you can turn this round to your advantage. You'll find there will be differences in your settings and parents will choose accordingly. If you are only going to work part time, and she is working full time, then why not share any enquiries which you can't meet?

I would see it as healthy competition. Why not see if you can offer emergency cover for each other and share ideas you learn from courses. It's much betyter to work with people than against them.

jadylasa
04-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Don't worry, you can turn this round to your advantage. You'll find there will be differences in your settings and parents will choose accordingly. If you are only going to work part time, and she is working full time, then why not share any enquiries which you can't meet?

I would see it as healthy competition. Why not see if you can offer emergency cover for each other and share ideas you learn from courses. It's much betyter to work with people than against them.
You can get on the same courses and take it in turns driving (half your petrol costs)!

Plus it'll be nice to have another childminder to go to the park with, even though there will be her kids there as well it's a little easier with 2. an extra set of eyes and all that.

gegele
04-09-2010, 07:29 AM
they are several ones of us in the same street and we are totally different, we offer different things.... and we're each others emergency contact!!!!!!:clapping: :clapping: it's great to know that in case of accident i can have run the 60yrs between our houses before the ambulance gets there!
i have someone registered and insured who migh run to mine....

there's never been competition between us. :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
04-09-2010, 07:35 AM
i saw her yesterday getting out of her car and was brave enough to go up to her and introduce myself!! she is finding it hard to get mindees too, and isnt dropping and picking up from the same school as me either, i suggested we swap numbers to pass on any mindees we cant do!!:clapping:
turned out ok in the end as usual! worrying about nothing again!!

This is good, It's good to have a fellow childminder friend. Ask advice maybe put your heads together & come up with idea's to advertise both your businesses. It's tough when mindee's disappear. Like another said make sure your their for emergency/holiday/sick day cover :thumbsup: