PDA

View Full Version : ooer, how exciting!

TinyTinker
01-09-2010, 09:08 AM
I sent off my Ofsted application online about a fortnight ago and just had a call from them this morning saying they are sending out my medical declaration, CRB applications and that they will be writing to my referees this week!

Also they said someone will be in touch within the next few weeks about a pre-reg visit!:eek: :clapping:

I'm gonna have to get my butt in gear! I only applied cos I thought it was a long process and wantd to get it started. I only have about 60% of my policies done and my first aid course isn't til the 25th Sept and my ICP starts the 25th Sept too! information overload! lol

I start back at my work on Monday too after maternity leave - I have to work at least 11 weeks to keep my maternity pay - but doubt things will be finalised that quickly anyway from what people say on here about CRB's!:rolleyes:

any advise?

mama2three
01-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Dont panic!!
It can be a long process , and as with so much it varies from area to area!
I had only written a couple of sample policies by my prereg , mainly to check i was on the right track. I had completed home and garden risk assessments , and could answer the questions in the booklet - you may recieve this along with the forms etc.
i would say that 12 weeks is fairly realistic - you could be up and running by the end of the year!
Good luck x

TinyTinker
01-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Really! that's good then;) thanks.

CHUNKY MONKEY
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Good luck just about to post a similar message :thumbsup:

Tribe_mummy
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Good luck I am waiting on that same call too :) let me know how you get on :)

Lorraine B
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I had my phonecall yesterday :laughing: this was after I phoned them to chase it up and they were very apologetic. Very excited and nervous now .

TinyTinker
01-09-2010, 04:29 PM
it is exciting isn't it - but when you think about all you have to get sorted it's a bit scarey! with two kiddos here I don't know when I'm gonna get to do it all! lol:eek: