PDA

View Full Version : ALL ABOUT ME!

love381
01-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Nope, I'm not going to tell you all about me - that would just take so long and is so complicated you won't believe!!!

I want to know if you've got any ideas around this topic. I want to do it this month as a big topic and then keep it going all the way to Christmas as a background topic!

What's the BEST thing you've done with this topic?

Thanks in advance. x

LeanneC
10-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Bumping as I would like some help too please :)

terrydoo73
14-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Me too!

All I have done so far is get a picture of a toddler and then put in arrows to words such as hair, hand, eyes etc. Then I have another picture with toddlers on it and words such as playing, walking etc.

I have for a craft activity done the handprints poem and given them the opportunity to do loads of handcrafts on a page - loved it. Mine are only 2 1/2 years of age. The other one I have read about but not done yet is a page with the words my name is, I am aged, I love ... etc on it.

Would love some more ideas on how to approach this subject apart from the usual looking in a mirror and trying to show themselves and things of interest to them!

CHEEKY BEE
14-09-2010, 03:43 PM
At my daughter's pre school they asked for family photographs to put in a folder to share with the other children, you could also get pictures of family pets and share them.

Also, on the diversity theme, you could get them to compare their similarities and differences. Different hair, eye colour, skin colour, glasses, etc

Toothfairy
14-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I did this in the summer hols with mindee and my DD (7yrs & 8yrs).
I got some paper on a roll (Ikea or linning paper) and got them to lay on it and I drew around them.
Then using a full length mirror, I got them to look at themselves and then colour themselves in (hair, facial features, clothes etc).
We then stuck photos of themselves at different age stages (baby, toddler, school child) and also members of their family and also a picture of their house, all around the edge and they wrote a small caption for each photo.

sarah707
14-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Have a look through the forum activity sections for lots of ideas.

My lot enjoy drawing round themselves on big pieces of paper and working out who is tallest :D

Mykidsrock
14-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Ive done
1) a family tree using photos
2) drawing around child and allowing them to decorate
3) Photos of family members made into a jigsaw (make sure mum and dad are happy for you to cut them up)
4) I do a 'busy book' where it is blank on top and lines at the bottom and pages are entitled along the lines of likes, dislikes, friends, family, pets etc and I ask the child to draw in the blank space and me/them (age related) write about it below with their input.
5) paper plate faces of me, my friends and my family
6) paper plate food (what I like to eat etc)
7) I also have an all about me booklet which has a photo on the front and details such as name and age, then inside a sheet with squares on it that gives you room to put things in such as 'I like dogs' 'I don't like it when I have to get my coat on' (examples only) and then I enclose behind this a photo of me, a piece of artwork by me, look what I did (a photo of something they achieved with a description below) and look what I can do (something new they have achieved - such as using safety scissors) again with picture and explanation.

Hope that helps - let your imagination run wild as there is loads you can do to cover this.

xx

miffy
14-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Some nice ideas here

http://stepbystepcc.com/themes2.html

you have to scroll down quite a way.

Miffy xx