PDA

View Full Version : FED UP!!!!!

LilyBelles
31-08-2010, 10:30 AM
im so fed up i have rang ofsted again today and they havent got my social services check again, i have been calling them every 2-3 days for the passed few weeks and everytime i call they say we havent got the checks for social services, i have asked if they are chasing them for it and they say they cant chase it any more than every 10 days i asked how long this was going to go on for he said 1 month, i then stated that this has already been going on for 11 weeks so when are they going to chase them for it. they have also said there is nothing i can do about it as the request gets sent to a mail room not a person or office.

Im so fed up and angry about this just seems as if i will never be registered and will never have mindee's :( :mad: :( :(

Mrs Pootle
31-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry the social services check is taking so long for you. Mine took a while as well, and when ofsted finally chased it, it turned out they had never received the original request from Ofsted!:angry:
They did then get on and complete the second request, but I know how frustrated you must be. Sorry I can't really offer anything in the way of advice, just keep pestering ofsted and I hope it's sorted soon for you.:)

CHUNKY MONKEY
31-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorry it's been so terrible for you :( I would just keep calling a few of my friends are going through the same thing and the only way they got things done was to call every two weeks. Hope this helps :)

Jaxholdham
02-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I am going through the same thing at the moment, the only thing holding me up is social services checks. I am constantly calling Ofsted and in the end they sent out another form but I called them today and still nothing. I told them it was getting very frustrating now as I was getting enquires and I didn't know when I was going to be available and they said all they can do is keep chasing. Its very very frustrating!!

LilyBelles
07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I am going through the same thing at the moment, the only thing holding me up is social services checks. I am constantly calling Ofsted and in the end they sent out another form but I called them today and still nothing. I told them it was getting very frustrating now as I was getting enquires and I didn't know when I was going to be available and they said all they can do is keep chasing. Its very very frustrating!!

i am still waiting i have called again and got the same damn answer about waiting for the SS checks, i have called my local council/SS and they cant do anything about it either as they says its part of the CRB (even though i already have the CRB certs back):(

Noomie
10-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry you're going through all this. It's very annoying when it's your future income that they're interfering with.

I think you need to be tougher with the advisors at Ofsted. And ring again and get a different one if you didn't get the right answers.

Ofsted didn't pay enough postage on the packet that delivered my registration certificate. I kept ringing them and although they all said similar things, there were some advisors that had more experience and went the extra mile and others that seem to be jobsworths and stuck to the script. I just got tough in the end as I was so frustrated with their stonewalling and asked them who could I speak to next to get another outcome. By becoming more pushy I ended up with 3 certificates in 2 days and 3 emailed versions within an hour!

I also had a similar experience today when I rang about a variation. Three different advisors had 3 different opinions and did 3 different things in response to my query. Same organisation isn't it? The one I got the most info out of I asked is there anyone either of us could speak to in order to shed more light on the situation and got a lot further and better info then the first and last advisor.

Turn the question back on them. What else can be done? Would you like to be this long without income? What can I do about this family that needs childcare that I'm in the process of organising if you can't tell me when my check will be clear. Is there someone who can chase this up that I or you can speak to? Etc, etc.

Ring every 5mins til you get someone who pulls their finger out!

LilyBelles
15-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry you're going through all this. It's very annoying when it's your future income that they're interfering with.

I think you need to be tougher with the advisors at Ofsted. And ring again and get a different one if you didn't get the right answers.

Ofsted didn't pay enough postage on the packet that delivered my registration certificate. I kept ringing them and although they all said similar things, there were some advisors that had more experience and went the extra mile and others that seem to be jobsworths and stuck to the script. I just got tough in the end as I was so frustrated with their stonewalling and asked them who could I speak to next to get another outcome. By becoming more pushy I ended up with 3 certificates in 2 days and 3 emailed versions within an hour!

I also had a similar experience today when I rang about a variation. Three different advisors had 3 different opinions and did 3 different things in response to my query. Same organisation isn't it? The one I got the most info out of I asked is there anyone either of us could speak to in order to shed more light on the situation and got a lot further and better info then the first and last advisor.

Turn the question back on them. What else can be done? Would you like to be this long without income? What can I do about this family that needs childcare that I'm in the process of organising if you can't tell me when my check will be clear. Is there someone who can chase this up that I or you can speak to? Etc, etc.

Ring every 5mins til you get someone who pulls their finger out!

Thanks Noomie i really appreciate the help i have been ringing every morning now for a couple of weeks and i am now being told that it has been made a priority by the county council and instead of posting the checks to ofsted they will email it/fax it instead which is fine but as i asked them How long? they reply ASAP which is no sort of answer is it?

i have already lost one mindee due to this rubbish service the mum had to start her job so baby is now in nursery :( i told mr ofted this over the phone and he said nothing grrrrr im just so fed up

Jaxholdham
28-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm still waiting for Social Service checks too, I am on the phone to Ofsted every other day and they still say there is nothing they can do. It's so frustrating as I have had people interested and don't know how long its going to be before I am registered. When I told this to Ofsted they really didn't seem bothered even though I told them I couldn't afford to turn any more people away. RAHHH!! Ofsted now say I have to wait a further 5 days before they can chase but my original forms went off to them middle July. I just don't understand why it takes so long.:angry:

LilyBelles
16-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Quick update for you all!!

it is now 19 weeks since Ofsted received my application.

I have been calling Ofsted everyday with no luck AT ALL just seem to get fobbed off with there still waiting for Social services checks and that they have sent them 3 times in june,august and september, so on 1.10.10 i called s.s myself and they didnt have a clue who i was and what i was applying for, they couldnt even find me on there system (only when i gave them my maiden name they found me as i was looked after as a child). after a lady looked into it for me she called me back and said they had never received the application and was really helpful, however i called back a few weeks later and the lady that was helpful refused to talk to me and palmed me off onto someone else. Its now been 2 weeks of chasing both SS and Ofsted and im still no further i call SS who say the forms are at X office so i call X office and they havent heard of me.

I am so fed up, my hubby is getting frustrated as im not earning anything and if this carries on i am going ot have to re think my plans which i dont want to do as i choose this career path so i can be with my 11 month old daughter full time.

Sorry to rant im so annoyed that 2 government based companys can drag there heels so much.