PDA

View Full Version : finding it really hard to link observation to the EYFS .. where does this fit?

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 10:17 AM
ok so last week i did a full on week learnign about carnivals and we did loads of arts and craft. The youngest obviously didnt join in with too much but the 17 month old joined in with everything.

So we was using squares of coloured material to stick onto an outline of one of the children to create a costume on paper

He was picking up pieces of material dipping them in the glue and putting them onto the paper.

so thats the observation i know i can put it down on the creative and physical development but which statements would it fullfil?

How can i find help on this i have files full of observations and have printed off an early years ongoing assessment record sheet but cant seem to fill them in

KarenM
31-08-2010, 11:16 AM
i would put it under exploring media and materials and responding creatively to ideas.

cherry
31-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Does this help, I just highlight the bits that link to the observation.

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 12:17 PM
wonderful thank you

and thank you for the observation sheet i think that may come in very handy!!

jo f
31-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Ooo I love that obs sheet thanks for sharing! Ive added next steps onto it near bottom of observation Bob on! I have changed my format for obs soooo many times!!!