PDA

View Full Version : What to charge for alternate weeks??????

Starr870
27-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Mum is coming at 5pm to discuss fees. I will be minding her little boy before and after school (half days) Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays every other week. I have told her that she will have to pay me for the alternate weeks when she doesn't need me to keep his place open but what do I charge for the alternate weeks when I won't actually have him here but will be holding the place for him and therefore loosing the possibility of having another child. Does that make sense? Should I charge the same every week even though every other week he won't be here or half or 3/4 fees for those days? I don't want to seem mean by charging her for when he isn't here but this is my income and I can mind every other week and then not get paid for the weeks she isn't using me!! Help!!!! xx

Tinglesnark
27-08-2010, 04:41 PM
i had this from a prospective parent a few months ago but it was a rolling rota so the days varied weekly. i said i would charge on an as and when basis because i was rather desperate for the work but she didnt choose me even though i was prepared to be totally flexible and then discovered that the CM she DID choose charged a 50% retainer for the days that weren't used.

i would say that you will need to charge a half fee retainer for the odd weeks if she wants to be sure that the space will be available for her child. she doesnt have to pay it but must understand that if she doesnt, you might have the spaces filled. i have been doing temp holiday relief and emergency care for friends this past week so it is feasible and possible

good luck

x

The Juggler
27-08-2010, 06:16 PM
at the moment I could not afford to be on 1/2 pay every other week so I'd be looking for full pay:blush:

Starr870
27-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I decided to ask for full payment every week as I would not be able to fill the alternate place and that its my business and I can't afford to do that. She was really good about it and has agreed to pay every week. Of courseeven if she is at home she can still send him as the place is paid for obviously so she could have some time on her own etc! Lets hope she sticks to it!! :)