PDA

View Full Version : EYPS - YES OR NO?:?

The Juggler
24-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Girls I need some advice

I have a place provisionally on the EYPS at my local college. I have to go for an interview as a formality next week but my tutor says I have a place.

The questions is would you or wouldn't you go ahead. I'm in two minds. I am so not wanting to do any more study at the moment after finishing my degree but on the other hand, if a job comes up in a year I don't want to lose out because someone else has EYPS and I don't:(

But, thing is I just don't know where Eyps is going with this new Government or whether it's worth doing? What would you do? I DO want to be looking for work outside of CM in a 1-2 years time.

Help!

sarah707
24-08-2010, 04:49 PM
This is the latest info I have on the subject and I know you have read it...

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63114

The trouble is that it's all well and good getting the qualification but it's blooming hard work and if it's going to be a flash in the pan sort of thing which is then changed, it makes you wonder if it's worth it.

I keep thinking about how much the new Govt is changing - a lot seems to be just for the sake of it.

Dept of Education... suggestions that safeguarding becomes child protection again... idea to change the name of the Every Child Matters outcomes... they seem bent on taking away anything that Labour have implemented.

I am sure Eyfs will be changed... I am sure Eyps will be too. It's just we don't know how and what and when yet.

I am not sure I am helping so I'll stop now :laughing: :D

Pipsqueak
24-08-2010, 05:39 PM
oooh dilemma and one I sympathise with.
i have choosen not to go down the EYPS route as I believe it will be phased out and become a moot qualification, especially with this Top Graduate programme coming in.
If its still hanging on in there in a couple of years, I might do it but at the moment i am not bothered.

in effect, my reply has been no help whatsoever - sorry!:blush:

TammyN
24-08-2010, 06:23 PM
oooh dilemma and one I sympathise with.
i have choosen not to go down the EYPS route as I believe it will be phased out and become a moot qualification, especially with this Top Graduate programme coming in.
If its still hanging on in there in a couple of years, I might do it but at the moment i am not bothered.

in effect, my reply has been no help whatsoever - sorry!:blush:

i can only agree :blush: having looked into it for next year i have decided not to just yet as i'm sure it will be a waste of time when it's changed'it's bound to be!'
i haven't seen anything else yet tho, i keep looking!

The Juggler
24-08-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks girls. Pip and Tammy am thinking the same but I know I will just so kick myself if I lose out on an interview or job because I didn't:panic:

Sarah thanks for this. I did read and it seems like the new Gov't are in effect keeping most of Labour's ideas but changing all the names and brandings (at terrific cost to us tax payers) so it looks like they don't agree with anything Labour did. They're renaming depts, changing ECM but in effect whatever they come up with will have the same ethos for children - it's such a money waster:panic: :panic: and makes me so angry:angry: They just can't be seen to be agreeing with labour.

If top graduates are same as EYPS I guess it might be worth doing, I can't see them null and voiding or taking no notice of all those who have EYPS. After all you could still be EYPS but be a top graduate???? talking myself in circles here arent I?:laughing:

Think I will go for the mini interview then make my mind up - it's so much work if it comes to nothing:(

thanks anyway