PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

nb73
24-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I will be starting my ICP course next month and been told that we will be receiving the Ofsted forms when the course finishes (end of Nov). Therefore, I am hoping Ofsted will come round Dec/Jan at the latest, then have to wait for CRB checks to come back. My question is can you advertise on a particular childcare website even though you won't be registered? I don't want to miss out on potential mindees as i have seen parents advertising on there, so don't want to miss out! Thanks xx

TinyTinker
24-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm confused now - my ICP starts next month too, but I used the online application facility on ofsteds website to apply! so my application is going through while i wait for my ICP.

There was a part of the form that said when is your 1st aid training starting so you must be able to apply before training? My first aid is being done as part of the ICP.

I guess I'll have to see what happens next.:eek:

I don't see why you cant advertise before being registered as long as you dont take anyone on until you are. Lots of people look for childcare months in advance of needing it:)

Tribe_mummy
24-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Different areas have diffferent ways of registering, here it is before courses but they must be done within 6 months of reg date.

And at my home visit with my childminding support officer she recommended advertising as long as you clearly state you are in the process of registering and do not do paid minding in the mean time. Hope that helps :)

nb73
26-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks for your response. I am doing my training in Essex, and my local NCMA office advised that we would receive our Ofsted forms on the last week of our course, so guess it differs where you live! x