PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice for tomorrow pleeeease

Helen Dempster
23-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Hiya

My NVQ3 assessor is coming round tomorrow (was supposed to be today, but I completely forgot about it and hadn't prepared for it at all!) :blush: So I managed to put her off til tomorrow. I've got a whole list of things she needs to discuss "professional discussion", which is ok, but the other thing she wants to do is to observe me communicating and interacting with other adults - this can be a parent or another childminder. It will have to be a parent, as I don't actually know any other childminders anymore (they've all given up recently). I have no idea what to discuss, as there aren't really any problems I need to discuss. What would you do? It's got to be a phone call discussion, as the children don't get picked up at a suitable time for the assessor to observe. Also, I could be talking to anyone on the phone, is she likely to want the speaker phone on, do you think? I hate this sort of thing, really makes me nervous and stressy!!!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

karensmart4
23-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Don't panic :D

Are you friendly with one of the parents that would be available at the right time?

Tell her what you need to do, if she's in agreement you can play act.....thats acceptable :jump for joy:

You could 'pretend' that her lo is new, Mum was anxious when she left, you are phoning to reassure her, tell her lo only took a few minutes to settle, what lo has been doing, if she ate snack/lunch, if lo let you change their nappy (age related) etc. :D

And no she wont want the speaker phone on :)

Hope that helps, good luck, I'm sure it will be fine :thumbsup:

christine e
23-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Hiya

My NVQ3 assessor is coming round tomorrow (was supposed to be today, but I completely forgot about it and hadn't prepared for it at all!) :blush: So I managed to put her off til tomorrow. I've got a whole list of things she needs to discuss "professional discussion", which is ok, but the other thing she wants to do is to observe me communicating and interacting with other adults - this can be a parent or another childminder. It will have to be a parent, as I don't actually know any other childminders anymore (they've all given up recently). I have no idea what to discuss, as there aren't really any problems I need to discuss. What would you do? It's got to be a phone call discussion, as the children don't get picked up at a suitable time for the assessor to observe. Also, I could be talking to anyone on the phone, is she likely to want the speaker phone on, do you think? I hate this sort of thing, really makes me nervous and stressy!!!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I think when I did this (many moons ago now) we did a bit of a mock up and we just got someone to ring up and pretend to be a parent making an enquiry about childcare (was quite funny as I remember). How about getting a parent to ring up and just discuss what you have been doing recently with the children.

I'm sure you will be fine

Cx