PDA

View Full Version : NVQ assessment

em29
23-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone - I have someone coming tomorrow to discuss NVQ level 2 with me and I have been wondering how and what it was like to have the assessor come into your setting to observe? Is it something that happens regularly or do they observe a set activity or just watch like ofsted?? It is the only thing putting me off as it can be stressful being observed can't it?! Thanks emma:eek:

karensmart4
23-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi em, First of all don't worry, the assessor is only human :) I have my A1 qualification (am a qualified assessor) and I always tell people not to worry and try to just be themselves :D

They will (should) come out to introduce themselves and have a chat, then they should make appointments with you to observe you doing certain things in line with what you are covering on your course.

There will be times when they will see how you manage other things (if a child falls over has a bump, if a child asks to do something in particular etc) they can log that as well :thumbsup:

You will be fine....Oh one of the first things I cover is certs on display, where you keep 1st aid, all the safety things :)

Around the country things might be done slightly differently but should run basically along the same lines.

Let us know how you get on :D

julie w
23-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi I have just finished my nvq 2 and my assessor was lovely. It was nothing like an ofsted inspection. If something was not quite right during an assessment, or something was missing it was easy enough to do it in the next assessment. We were told it's almost impossible to fail. If you need any help please pm me any time. good luck.xxx

em29
23-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh that all sounds good! I don't think I will worry then. The assessor is coming out tomorrow to introduce herself and the info. She sounded nice on the phone, was just worried it would be like a mini ofsted for every visit! :)