PDA

View Full Version : head is a muddle

Ms WG
22-08-2010, 11:40 AM
just had an enquiry over on childcare.co.uk

Parent wants care three days a week, but only for three hours a day. Dropping 3 year old to me at 9am and then to take to school nursery at 12pm. Mum would then collect from nursery.

But she requires care between 9am and 3pm during holidays/inset days.

If I was to only charge an hourly rate for the 3 hours per day, it doesnt work out much to keep a place open for an under five, especially as they than require the place for double the time during the holidays.

How would you charge for this, so parent doesnt think they're paying an extortionate amount and Im not working for peanuts during term time

Cheers

Daisy Chain
22-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi I would charge a morning session and an afternoon session, That way if the parent is running late to collect after 3 hours you dont lose out! If you say your morning session is 8-1pm she can be flexible picking up or dropping off, Having worked in a nursery setting thats what they do parents are normally quite happy with this as they can have flexibility if need be.
Hope this helps
Claire

Toothfairy
22-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi

I would charge half fees while the child is at Nursery to keep the space open for them for the holiday's.

HTH :thumbsup:

karensmart4
22-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi

I would charge half fees while the child is at Nursery to keep the space open for them for the holiday's.

HTH :thumbsup:

I would also do this, explaining that you have to charge a retainer to hold their place or if someone came along and wanted year round care, they would take priority.

I hope that makes sense :)