PDA

View Full Version : starting registration-any thoughts or ideas to pass on?

the_nanny_uk2
20-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Hello everyone,

I have just taken the first step towards my registration and wondered if anyone had any vital thoughts or ideas that you wish you had known when you first started out in your childminding business.

I have been a Nanny & Maternity Nurse for a long long time so I am well used to dealing with parents but all the paperwork and OFSTED things to do with childminding is a little daunting and a whole different kettle of fish.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies.

Jo x

sarah707
20-08-2010, 09:11 PM
My tip - don't say yes just because you need the work... if you have doubts, say you'll get back to parents and think it through first.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :D

moljak
20-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Read everything on this forum.They've been the best help from me.Sarah's advice is good!
I'd say try to get your policies and procedures clear in your head especially.Knowing how you want your business to work will make you more confident when your first visitors come.

I have also worked in childcare alongtim.nannying ect and the paperwork was my biggest fear.I've worked through it gradually and think I'm finally getting there.Don't let it overwhelm you.Pick one thing at a time and work through it before moving on to the next.I'm tackiling my SEF next.Left it til last :)

Good luck!