PDA

View Full Version : 3D films

singlewiththree
20-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't like them. I have the glasses so it's not the fact they charge you more :angry: but that my eyes hurt from wearing the glasses on top of my glasses, my youngest children aged 5,3 don't keep them on. If you take little children to watch 3d shows they are always putting their hands up to try and grab the screen.

I've just watched the clip for Harry Potter in 3D and already know I will be going to see the 2d version at the local cinema with an interval and ice-cream! Am I getting old?

Hebs
20-08-2010, 06:27 PM
NO!!!

they are awful and then one we went to see wasn't even 3d (well it was supposed to be but you wouldnt have known!!)

even the kids said they wont go see another 3D movie :thumbsup:

RedDragon
20-08-2010, 06:29 PM
I can't watch them - they give me a migrane (full on eye flashing/half vision, you know what I mean if you have had a migrane).

Bring back the piano in the corner of the room I say!

Playmate
20-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I have only seen Toy Story in 3D, which I must admit I loved. I fortunately don't wear glasses , but did wonder how people who did would manage. My children are also older so kept their glasses on, but can see why it must be frustrating to take little ones.

WibbleWobble
20-08-2010, 06:50 PM
i saw toy story 3 last week in 3D......i hated the feeling. Half way through the film, needed the loo (age) left my glassess with OH. came out of the loo and was very woozy. It felt like i had been drinking....walked towards the door and missed it!
Came home and had to go to bed because i was feeling sick.

Hate it

mandy xxxx

gigglinggoblin
20-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I love the 4d cinema in the legoland discovery centre, 3d film with wind blowing and water shooting BUT it only lasts 15 minutes.

Went with my 9yo to see Avatar 3d and didnt see the point, there were only a couple of times I even remembered it was 3d. Then he got really ill, felt like throwing up, could hardly walk. Cant see us going to another full length film in 3d!

singlewiththree
21-08-2010, 08:16 AM
I see it as a blast from the past I remember in the 80's the 3D times and then it phasing out but now they are saying it has better clarity and they are putting it into TV's and its the future. Seeing as its not just me that has problems WHY are they pushing it.

Tatia
21-08-2010, 08:36 AM
My stepson has lectured me on 3D films/television. He reckons it is NOT about 3D effects, stuff leaping out of the screen blah blah, but one more step on the road to higher picture quality. When we went to see Toy Story 3D, I saw a 3D trailer for Avatar (a they're re-releasing in cinemas) and could see how it enhanced the film (having seen it on my big screen telly at home and not really liking it all that much).

But you see, I don't WANT to see a film that relies soley on effects. Movies like Lord of the Rings were gripping, amazing films and the special effects simply enhanced the fine story-telling, did not overwhelm it and take centre-stage. Movies like the new Star Wars trilogy, which was ALL
about special efffects, fell flat and had no heart, no acting, no depth.

patevans
21-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I actually love them in 3d :blush: I find it amazing how they do it :thumbsup:

merry
21-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I've only seen one and came out with a horrible headache so won't be bothering again.

:)

Gizmo
21-08-2010, 05:51 PM
We saw Toy Story 3 in 3d and did find it uncomfortable over my glasses thought the trailers 3d bits where better than the films, but why do they only make the glasses in one size they are far too big for the kids

Kimmy050983
22-08-2010, 06:59 AM
I am glad i am not alone.. I watched avatar in 3d and while i loved th film, I felt terribly sick and like I couldnt breathe while watching :eek: , like my brain couldnt keep up with it or something...

I loved all h
the lord of the ring films too - nowadays there isnt such films anymore though :(

Pipsqueak
22-08-2010, 07:16 AM
I took James to see Shrek in 3D - his glasses kept falling of and he watched the whole film without them on, which was pointless as its fuzzy without the glasses.
3D in a film is 'few and far between',, only a few special effects here and there, and it makes me feel sick and woozy too.

I hate 3D

venus89
22-08-2010, 09:40 AM
We went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D and that was very good. And we saw a film about fish at the Imax at the Science Museum - that and Legoland were the best I've seen.

We've got Coraline in 3D at home and it didn't really work so well. But a couple of BArbie films we had in3D when the girls were younger were fantastic. So it seems to be all hit and miss.

There were reports in the paper a while ago about people being ill after watching 3D films. I guess it affects us all differently

Toothfairy
22-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I took DD(7) to see Toy Story 3 3D yesturday.
Apart from the bit where Woody flies off the roof on the kite, I could not see why the film was 3D.

I think its just everyone jumping on the band wagon and making their films 3D.

Waste of money!

amirose
22-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Glad to hear of other kids not wearing the glasses, paid all that extra money and every time I turned round she had them on top of her head!!!! :laughing: AND shes seven!!! Def wouldn't be bothering with a younger child if a 7 year old won't waer them!!! :laughing: