PDA

View Full Version : Do you cash deposits straight away ?

Mel09
20-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi All,

I have a new mindee starting in Oct, I am meeting mum today with contracts and she is going to give me the deposit. Just wondered do you cash this straight away ? I have told her it is a months payment and it will count as her first months payment as well.

Thanks !

sweets
20-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi yes cash it straight away as if it all falls through then the parent can easilt stop a cheque and you would lose out.

I put deposits into a different account tho and not into the one i use daily. i use an online ING account and then when the child starts i transfer it into my normal account. It stops me spending it! lol

Mel09
20-08-2010, 07:03 AM
That's what I thought, thanks :)

funfunfun
20-08-2010, 07:10 AM
definatally

My deposits count towards the first weeks fees

I insist on been paid weekly and in advance :)

Cazz
20-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I've just been in exactly the same position and had the same thoughts!

I've got a mindee starting in October and the parent has given me the first month's fees as a deposit - I wasn't sure if it would look greedy in some way to pay the cheque in straight away!

I then realised that if I just held on to it she could stop the cheque which would defeat the object of a deposit! I did wait 3 days though and on a Friday before I paid it in :laughing:

moljak
20-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I got a months fees paid in cash although i did say cheque or transfer would be fine.I paid it into bank 30 mins after she left lol.Mine is also fees in advance.November start.Is tempting to spend so it's put in it's own account out of temptation.Roll on November lol

Mel09
21-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks, she is giving me it next week and I'll cash it straight away. As I will have 3 under 5 I need to be able to disable the air bag in the front seat and it will cost about £150 to install the kit, so didn't want to do that until I had her money in the bank. (As I am only doing it because I'll need to put the 3rd child in the front)! Thanks for the replies:)

Mookins
21-08-2010, 05:21 PM
ive asked for a deposit which will be used as last months fees and first months fees in advance

does that sound to much?

xx