PDA

View Full Version : New and fed up

Lubylou
19-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi all

I put my application to become a reg childminder in at the end of may with my p & p submitted about a month later, I have called cc several times for updates and had 1st phone call back from cc today to say they need further character ref (due to prev employers not giving enough info) and under new reg scheme need bankers ref, she also went on to say prob wont be reg until the end of october!!

Am feeling a bit fed up as this seems to have been going on for ages and no mention of 1st home visit by cc yet. Through word of mouth have got a parent wanting me to childmind for her, she is going back to work w/b 18th October and thought I would be reg by then, what should I do? My cco advised me today she only works part time so nothing else will get done till Tuesday next week.

Is this the usual for cc or should I keep pushing to get registered for the 18th of October?

Lubylou x

Curly Quavers
20-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Sounds so frustrating!

I don't have a great deal of good things to about the cc to be honest but I found they moved really quickly after they had all my information in front of them with regards to coming out and doing final inspections.

My SCMA lady told me to keep phoning every 2 weeks to chase them.

:)

Stillgoingstrong
20-08-2010, 09:40 AM
That is such a shame as it's so frustrating waiting for other people to do their thing. I had 2 mindees lined up to start end June but their Mum did'nt get her crb for her job back until last this week - they are coming today to do contracts, but I've missed most of the summer holiday money:eek: If your stuff is'nt through could you go to the mindees house just to start?? October is still quite a way off, so dw too much, and blow phoning every 2 weeks, I'd phone every week:D :thumbsup: