PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

sandiwaistell
18-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Hello All

I am in the process of setting up all my paperwork at the moment. I am working on my fee list of which a copy will be going into my welcome pack.

I would be grateful if you could have a look and tell me what you think

Hourly Rate (Min of 5 hours per day) - £3.50 per hour
Bank Holidays - £10.50 per hour
Before & After School Rate - £5.00 per hour

Fees are paid upfront i.e. 1 month in advance

Holidays and Sickness etc fees

My holidays - No fee
Child/Parent holidays - Full fee (As you are paying for the childcare space not the hours the child is with me)

If I am sick – No Fee
Child/Parent sick – Full Fee

Early drop off/Late collection unless arranged - £3.50 per 15 minutes

Late payment of invoice - £5 per day

Deposits

4 Weeks fees up front on signing contracts, which will be taken off the last invoice at the end of the contract and is also non refundable.

Term Time Only Fees

Full fee £3.50 during term time and
Half fee retainer of £1.75 for school holidays

However fees will be worked out for the full year and divided into monthly payments. This gives you and I security in knowing what you are paying every month.

If I have a 1 week holiday during term time I would work out the weekly amount and refund that amount at the end of the month.

Food Fees

All snacks and drinks are free and children are to bring their own food.

I will provide food if required however this will be at an extra cost. I will serve between the certain times so if you would like me to give Breakfast, Dinner or Tea then these are the times I will be serving.

Breakfast 07.30am till 08.00am £1.50
Snacks/Drinks 10.00am till 10.15am Free
Dinner 12.00pm till 12.30pm £1.50
Snacks/Drinks 15.30pm till 15.45pm Free
Tea 18.30pm till 19.00pm £3.00

Retainer

The retainer fee is 50% of the full fee.
Examples of circumstances when a retainer is to be paid are as below:-
• When a placement is being reserved for future use. This will not be used as a credit towards childminding fees. i.e. For a new baby when the parent is going back to work after maternity leave etc. I will only charge from when the baby has been born
• For school holidays when the child is only with me in term times only
• If only looking after the child for 3 days, a retainer will be charged for the remaining 2 days as I can’t fill these days easily.

I feel as tho if some one gave me this i would tell em when to stick it lol. I hope it all is ok.

Thanks in advance

Sandi xx

littlemiracles
19-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Sandi,

The only thing that really stands out to me is the hourly rate you charge for a bank holiday. I know when we used a childminder for our daughter they also charged a high rate for bank holidays and as we both had to work them we ended up looking for someone else that was cheaper. Might be something worth thinking about. Everything is very clear though and as a parent i would have no problems understanding your fees and charges :)

slf
19-08-2010, 08:46 PM
im loving the thorough way you have set this out-perfectly understandable and clear for all parties concerned.
i am marvelling at your charges for food-im currently implementing a new fee for food as £1.00 per meal just aint covering my food bill, however some parents have complained at the rise to £1.50. should i charge a higher hourly rate but include food or up my meal prices???what to do!

I am in the process of setting up all my paperwork at the moment. I am working on my fee list of which a copy will be going into my welcome pack.

My holidays - No fee
Child/Parent holidays - Full fee (As you are paying for the childcare space not the hours the child is with me)

If I am sick – No Fee

Deposits

4 Weeks fees up front on signing contracts, which will be taken off the last invoice at the end of the contract and is also non refundable.

Term Time Only Fees

However fees will be worked out for the full year and divided into monthly payments. This gives you and I security in knowing what you are paying every month.

If I have a 1 week holiday during term time I would work out the weekly amount and refund that amount at the end of the month.

Food Fees

I will provide food if required however this will be at an extra cost. I will serve between the certain times so if you would like me to give Breakfast, Dinner or Tea then these are the times I will be serving.

Retainer

• When a placement is being reserved for future use. This will not be used as a credit towards childminding fees. i.e. For a new baby when the parent is going back to work after maternity leave etc. I will only charge from when the baby has been born
• If only looking after the child for 3 days, a retainer will be charged for the remaining 2 days as I can’t fill these days easily.

I feel as tho if some one gave me this i would tell em when to stick it lol. I hope it all is ok.

Thanks in advance

Sandi xx[/QUOTE]

sandiwaistell
19-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi little miricles

he he I have actually put the hourly price for bank holidays like that as I dont particulaly want to work them so there is a method in my madness.

I think if I stick to this from the beginning and am strict with it then I should have no problems LOLb:laughing: but I know myself and I have a tendency to just say 'ok then I will just charge you 3.00 per hour instead of 3.50.

Im terrible n I just need to be strict as people will walk all over me wont they.

sandi xx

crazyhazy
19-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Hello All

My holidays - No fee

If I am sick – No Fee

Deposits

Term Time Only Fees

Food Fees

Retainer

Thanks in advance

Sandi xx

It al looks great except the bit in red, do you mean if someone only wants childcare 3 days a week you'll charge them for 5? Or is this meant for people who want to change days each week? If it's the latter then fair enough but it doesn't read that way, to me it reads if I only want 3 days childcare tough I'll have to pay for 5 which seems very unfair and means you'll prob only get full timers which can be hard to come by.

sandiwaistell
21-08-2010, 09:53 PM
What I meant was it will be full fee for the three days I have the child and then half fee for the remaining 2 days as cant fill those two days easily. but I have been umming and ahhing about that one tho.

Chimps Childminding
22-08-2010, 09:19 AM
What I meant was it will be full fee for the three days I have the child and then half fee for the remaining 2 days as cant fill those two days easily. but I have been umming and ahhing about that one tho.

All of my mindees only come 2 or 3 days, I don't charge for the extra days i just try and fill them with other mindees. The only time I would charge if is they used 3 varying days so needed me to keep all 5 days open, so I would charge half for the other 2 as I couldn't fill them!

sandiwaistell
23-08-2010, 08:36 AM
ah right - thanks carolyn. i might change that then. Thats why this forum is sooo brilliant xx