PDA

View Full Version : New childminder support needed

clairelouise01
18-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I am a newly registed childminder, so far ive had to turn few children down due to very unsuitbale hours/days etc..
I also had a phone call whilst in was unwell recently in hospital.
Im hoping that soon i will have the perfect phonecall for childcare i provide.

Can i ask where everyone advertises there services? I am currently working in a day nursery as a room leader and really want to get this childminding up and running,
Thank you

sarah707
18-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Fingers crossed for next time the phone rings! :D

Playmate
18-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I find we get the best results from childcare.co.uk and netmums. When we ran a different type of business before we were always advised that you have to work your way through the pond life to get the really good people. I think so often this applies to childminding, the enquiries in the begining are always ity bity part timers and sometimes you have to work up to the full timers. Sorry this advise is not much good when you are having to give up an income to start! keep in there I'm sure a suitable one will be along soon.

TammyN
18-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi i advertised at the nursery before i left :blush: naughty i know but i was friendly with the parents and so didn't keep it secret, i took 2 children with me in the end :thumbsup:
advertise in local business ie play area's, shops, library, children's centres
i also left the nursery before i had mindee's start and registered with an agency so i didn't need to give notice if parents needed immediate start
good luck, i'm sure you will find mindee's soon xx

Daisy Chain
20-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I am a newly registed childminder, so far ive had to turn few children down due to very unsuitbale hours/days etc..
I also had a phone call whilst in was unwell recently in hospital.
Im hoping that soon i will have the perfect phonecall for childcare i provide.

Can i ask where everyone advertises there services? I am currently working in a day nursery as a room leader and really want to get this childminding up and running,
Thank you

Hi I am just in the process of starting up, I work in a nursery too and want to try this, do you recommend me getting into it?

daisychain0208
23-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi Daisy Chain.

Another Daisychain here!!!!

I advertise on Netmums, Childcare.co.uk (although I dont pay for that, just the free bit!) and also your local Family Information Service should set you up too.

They are really helpful and will give out your details if anyone rings the council looking for a cm!

Hope that helps

Good Luck!

kentcfis
25-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Contact your local Family Information Service (FIS) on 0800 2346 346 if they have not already got in touch with you. The service they offer is FREE.