PDA

View Full Version : advertising

eviesnanny
18-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Would it be ok to send my advert for my childminding business to the local nurseries and schools with an accompanying letter asking them to display it on their parents noticeboard?:idea:

moljak
18-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I think that's a good idea.

why not pop in yourself and introduce yourself to the secretary and the headteacher if they're about.

I was already known to my village school as a parent but popped in to let them know I was childminding.Visited the Nursery unit and spoke to the teachers and Nursery Nurse there and all said they'd be happy to pass on my details.

The Nursery even photocopied my leaflet and handed it out to all parents with new starters for September.It was suggested I attend their next intake meeting.
All good links to have.There are other minders in the village and not sure they do the same for them but like to think they do as alls fair :)

flowerpots
18-08-2010, 09:52 AM
i think its a good idea to go and introduce yourself too, i did this and asked if i could bring in some leaflets for lo to take home, they handed them out and im now full. :thumbsup:

charlie potato
18-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I think thats a brilliant idea. I've put a card in my local shop this morning and i'm going to ask at school when they go back. I've even put it on facebook just to try and get started but had no response from that so far. I'm hoping that my other local childminder may be kind enough to suggest me to parents when she's on holiday.:thumbsup:

Newbie1!
20-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Can I just dive in and ask whether anyone started advertising before they were registered (as in just going through pre-reg inspections etc). I dont want to give my job up in the hope of getting mindees and then being too late and the other minders getting in there first!!xx