PDA

View Full Version : Charging When child at playgroup

purplejulie
17-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Hello!
This is my first posting and I may well be repeating what someone else has already asked. My dilemma is this.

I have a child starting in Sept. HIs mother wants him to go to playgroup 3 full days (9am-3pm). 'd have him before and after playgroup. He is taking up an under 5 space.
Should I charge whilst he's at playgroup?

Would be interested to hear what others do.

Many Thanks
Julie :)

curlycathy
17-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I do charge whilst they are at playgroup as I point out to parents that they are expecting me to be the emergency contact, plus what would do they do if it was shut etc (and our playgroup does have a habit of closing and going off for trips without informing all parents/carers but thats another story:angry: !). Having said that our playgroup just used to be morning sessions only, its only from September that we can take them all day. Mum should be getting 15 hours funded though shouldnt she so its not as if she'd be paying out twice? Also what about school holidays? If she didnt pay you for those hours and you did manage to fill the place what would she expect to happen during school hols?

Sorry I've probably rambled on and not helped much, maybe someone else will have a better idea!x

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I think that this is before and after school times. To be playgroup/nursery is a 3 hour morning or afternoon session and I would charge before and after school rates and try and fill the daytime slot aswell. As for holidays I would ask Ofsted for the overlap and have both

karensmart4
17-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I would (and do) charge for before and after but not while the child is there. I don't even suggest that I can be an emergency contact.

clio0602
17-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a 3yo going to full time pre school in Sep 9-3.15. I have a 5hr min charge for under 5's so will be charging £20 for the day even though before and after school is only £15

I was considering charging my day rate as under 5 but have sibling so thought this would be fairer HTH

Chimps Childminding
17-08-2010, 09:07 PM
My mindee only goes to nursery 9 - 12 so I charge while he is there! Not sure what I would do if he were there all day to be honest :rolleyes: Never had this happen. realistically they are taking up a space that you cannot fill if they need you during the holidays, but then again they are only with you for an hour or two before and after!!! god I hope I never get asked :D

rickysmiths
17-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I have had a full timer at nursery 2 days a week 9-3pm since last September. I charged full time rate for the day, I took them and Collected and the holidays were longer than school plus training days. When they start full time school at the end of Sept then I start charging for before and after school.