PDA

View Full Version : Childcare team visit

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone

Now I've had Ofsted I rang the area childcare team today and my advisor is coming out to visit me on Wednesday. Anyone know what this may entail. I know that its not an inspection but that's about all.

Posted off fees today as well so hopefully I should have certificate soon.

When should I start advertising?

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 02:11 PM
You are in Peterborough and i am in March, so only a few miles away, but I have no idea what you have got to have. All I had was my inspection and that was it.
But I was told Peterborough do things differently than the rest of Cambs.
What is it called that you are having done?

I would start advertising now.

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't know to be honest. The Ofsted lady just told me that I now needed to ring the Childcare team, which I did. I spoke to the advisor for my area and he's coming to visit me on Wed.

I'm hoping it might be to discuss courses and stuff like that.

I really have no idea.:confused:

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Yes it does sound like it. I have a development officer and I phone her if I am having any problems with anything.
I have been invited to do level 3 but i need to do it homebased and she is the one i need to ring to sort it out.
She is from NCMA.
Have you done all your courses yet, as that is where I got to meet my dev.officer.
Once I have got my certificate she is going to come round to go through the quality framework with me

Sounds similar to what you are going to be doing XX

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2008, 02:35 PM
That could be it. I haven't done any courses yet. Apparently Peterborough College aren't running the ICP again until Sept although we were advised to ring and show interest and they might put it on earlier - can't get through though, until I realised its Easter hols.

They did say something on the briefing about adviser bringing a course booklet or something.

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 02:40 PM
We had to do our courses before they gave us the ofsted application forms. So in all it took me from june when I first enquired about the course, sept I got my pre-reg A session, October my ICP course started finished in December - then the exam and first aid end of dec and then go back to a pre-reg B session where they finally gave us our ofsted application forms.
So it has taken me in all, from june till now and I am still awaiting my CRb checks.:mad:
lol!!

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Blimey - that seems an age. I went to briefing session where they gave us the Ofsted forms. Filled those in and posted them off once I had my health declaration from the docs. 2 weeks after posting I had the pre-reg and she said that because hubby and I already have enhanced disclosures and hubby is Ofsted registered then I should have my certificate by mid to end of April. That will be about 2 months from going on the briefing, but about 6 weeks from posting forms.

We've got to do courses within 6 months of registration and first proper Ofsted will be within 7 months.

Can't believe yours has taken so long and although we are same county it is so different. xx

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
You are allowed to become registered as long as you get the courses donw with in 6 months, i know, so i phoned my dev officer, as I was having to go to Witchford for my icp course, which is about 15 miles from me and \i don't drive an dthere was a course coming up in my town of March in the January, so i asked if I could send my application forms off to ofsted then do the course in jan and she said they don't let us do that in east cambs anymore.

It was so frustrating!

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2008, 03:15 PM
What I can't understand is that if Ofsted are happy for you to do the courses within 6 months of being registered why some counties insist on you doing the courses before giving you the forms.

It must be really frustrating to be in that position.