PDA

View Full Version : Morton Michel - I am so relieved!

sarah707
16-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I have a non paying parent :( He left me after 4 years owing me just over £100.

I had already written to him giving him a final 7 days to pay... he didn't reply to my letter. :(

Anyway I rang Morton Michel and asked advice and they put me in touch with their legal advisers.

I rang them and they asked me to send copies of contracts, invoices, payment information etc.

I did this last week and got a letter this morning asking for my bank details so they can forward the amount owing straight into my account.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am to know I do not have to contact this man or take him to court or have any more dealings with him ever again! :clapping:

cs01
16-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Glad things worked out for you in the end.

Mookins
16-08-2010, 06:12 PM
thats brilliant news and another bloomin good reason why ive chosen MM

its a shame that parents do it....but YAY:clapping: :clapping:

xxx

Toothfairy
16-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Wow, thats service. I don't think you would get that from the NCMA.

Glad they sorted it for you. :thumbsup:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
16-08-2010, 06:13 PM
exact reason why i am now with MM and not NCMA

Alibali
16-08-2010, 06:17 PM
That's good to hear:)

tashaleee
16-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Am really glad it all got sorted for you - and another reason Im seriously considering changing to MM next time :thumbsup:

breezy
16-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Thats really good news, Ncma could learn a thing or two!

desiderata
16-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes Sarah glad you got it sorted. I have parents owing me 240 and at the mo NCMA wont do anything. Im seriously changing in December. Well done youx

karen m
16-08-2010, 07:01 PM
seriously considering going with mm next year,ncma are so slow,

moljak
16-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Although I got a free years insurance with ncma when I started up I am thinking of just giving it up and going with MM straight away.Does that sound silly? just thinking what's ythe point of ncma insurance if it won't help me when i'd need it like MM obviously do.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I am really glad that you are sorted Sarah and I know someone who did the same and got £300 back.

On another note and I don't mean to offend but if you wish to go with MM then do so, why do you keep knocking NCMA?

I take it when the government want to put your fees up to £130 a year again you will have no objection to it or to NCMA lobbying on your behalf to have it squashed.

Winnie
16-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I think MM do a brilliant job- well done Sarah on getting the money:thumbsup: - but we should remember that MM insurance is dearer than the NCMA insurance, and so they (MM) offer a better cover because of that.
I swapped to MM a few years ago because overall the yearly payment was cheaper because you have to have NCMA membership to be eligible for the NCMA insurance cover, but we can not compare the NCMA and MM insurance as ‘like for like’ because of the difference in premium iyuwim.
The NCMA has (in my opinion) last touch with ordinary childminders, and they have lost members because of it but I would hate to see them go or be diminished because of it.

Ms WG
16-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Well done Sarah!

I posted a similar thread a few weeks back and MM paid £650 in unpaid fees.

charleyfarley
16-08-2010, 09:10 PM
That's brilliant news Sarah :clapping: :clapping:

I'm another person that is changing over to MM at the end of this month.

Carol xx

miffy
16-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm glad you got your money Sarah and that you don't have to have any further dealings with that parent!

Miffy xx

miffy
16-08-2010, 09:16 PM
On another note and I don't mean to offend but if you wish to go with MM then do so, why do you keep knocking NCMA?

I take it when the government want to put your fees up to £130 a year again you will have no objection to it or to NCMA lobbying on your behalf to have it squashed.

There have been lots of threads about the good service from MM when things go belly up and equally the poor service from NCMA when the same happens.

But that is only the insurance arm of NCMA's business - like you say, they work on behalf of all childminders.

It is possible to be a member of NCMA (and support all their hard work) but get your insurance through MM.

Miffy xx

marian
16-08-2010, 09:28 PM
There have been lots of threads about the good service from MM when things go belly up and equally the poor service from NCMA when the same happens.

But that is only the insurance arm of NCMA's business - like you say, they work on behalf of all childminders.

It is possible to be a member of NCMA (and support all their hard work) but get your insurance through MM.

Miffy xx

I have done this ..............
I still feel the need to be part of a 'professional body' but want the peace of mind that MM gives on insurance issues.
I know it costs more in the long run but claim it all back as expenses anyway:)

Marian x

Monkey1
17-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Thats fantastic!:thumbsup:

bekki0405
17-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I changed a couple of years ago to MM. I had just come back from maternity leave, and only had 1 child on 1 day and 2 on another, plus some holiday work, so money was tight. I couldn't justify the high cost of the NCMA, so I got my PL insurance with MM.
I am very happy with them, their magzine which they email out, is excellent and has great activities, and ideas.
I am in a better position financially (although I still never seem to have any money left at the end of the month!), but unless something changes, I shall stay with MM. Their customer service, when I have needed it has been excellent, and when I contacted them regarding my trampoline, they were clear about the information I needed to know.
I have never had to deal with NCMA, I was with them for the first year, as it was included in the start up grant, however, the NCMA development co-ordinator for my area is just the best.
It's good to know that they are good at chasing up debt:thumbsup:

singlewiththree
17-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Well done! result :clapping:

maryp0ppins
17-08-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm with ncma & got another 8 months left of my insurance, after reading through many of threads I think I will be NON renewing my insurance with ncma & joining the MM gang......MM seem like they defo know what they're doing!!

:)

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2010, 09:20 AM

Miffy xx

Yes you can do this and I hope that a lot of childminders do so. It is especially hard to see new minders "having a go" about NCMA on the forum yet they have only just started. Give them a fair crack of the whip please.

nannysue
17-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Thats great news Sarah :thumbsup: you must be so relieved .

The Juggler
31-08-2010, 07:08 AM

Miffy xx

I'm going to change insurance this year but will remain a member. I hope they ask me why I've changed insurance. As Pip reminds us we need to let them know and I have, lots of times, why they are losing members. But i do support them to support us. It's a shame as they would have more income to do more things if they could sort out the legal support side.:(

ORKSIE
31-08-2010, 07:13 AM
That is fantastic news Sarah......Good Old MM:thumbsup:

wendywu
31-08-2010, 08:14 AM
I am due to renew and will go with MM now. :thumbsup:

CHUNKY MONKEY
07-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Glad to hear that Sarah :thumbsup: I want to go with MM but think it may be a good idea to have NCMA as well. How does that work? Sorry for being a newbie!!!!!:laughing:

Blaze
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I am really glad that you are sorted Sarah and I know someone who did the same and got £300 back.

In fairness Sarah didn't mention the NCMA.