PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NEXT tips needed

kellie198
16-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi i have my childminding information session tonight excited and scared . i have already bought new things needed for my home like baby gates ect , need to know what happens next what course do i need to do does any body know how long this takes . what else should i do to make this go faster thanks for any help . any tips welcome

Newbie1!
16-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi i have my childminding information session tonight excited and scared . i have already bought new things needed for my home like baby gates ect , need to know what happens next what course do i need to do does any body know how long this takes . what else should i do to make this go faster thanks for any help . any tips welcome

The session is fantastic sweetie and provides you with all the information you will need - here we have two sessions - not sure if its the same where you live?

You will get lots of paperwork, forms etc but they will also give you web addresses and contact numbers with lots of people that can help you. They will tell you all about the courses when you go to your info session. Here in Derbyshire there is lots we can do that the council pay for for us which is great. I have just sent off my application so am hoping to get news of the courses I can go on soon - the lady that took my info session gave me a rough list and said they would send a proper one once I had applied. Lots of luck MY TIP........Get chatting to the others and try and exchange numbers with any local ones - I was too nervous to do this but wish I had cos we could of at least then kept each other going during reg!xxx:)

gazanne
20-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi i am a pre reg in Derbyshire and i went to my briefing session middle of july. I had my pre inspection last week which went well just waiting for my CRB check if anyone knows how long they take in the chesterfield area that would be good to know. Its the not knowing how long it will be before i can start thats killing me. Have one three year old waiting to start but cant give her a date, hope i dont lose her. Anne

Newbie1!
20-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Hi i am a pre reg in Derbyshire and i went to my briefing session middle of july. I had my pre inspection last week which went well just waiting for my CRB check if anyone knows how long they take in the chesterfield area that would be good to know. Its the not knowing how long it will be before i can start thats killing me. Have one three year old waiting to start but cant give her a date, hope i dont lose her. Anne

Wow thats fab! Im in Alfreton and I went to briefing on 20th July but havent even heard about my inspection yet! You cant really put a timescale on CRB's cos they all vary. It depends on how many adults, how many addresses you have all had etc. Great to have someone lined up tho....wish I did!!x

gazanne
20-08-2010, 07:11 AM
I sent off my application and exactly 7 days later my inspector rang to say she was coming the following week, panicking I told her I was working that day and she came the following week so I had 2 weeks to get ready. Glad its over and done with, though dont know what i was worrying about. When and where are you doing your childminding course. Anne

Newbie1!
20-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I sent off my application and exactly 7 days later my inspector rang to say she was coming the following week, panicking I told her I was working that day and she came the following week so I had 2 weeks to get ready. Glad its over and done with, though dont know what i was worrying about. When and where are you doing your childminding course. Anne

Thats all really good and quick!! I really need to start getting my house ready! Ive managed to get a place on the BIT course starting on 14th September in Ripley. Dont spose your going for that one are you?xx

gazanne
21-08-2010, 08:11 AM
I was going to and then I got a full time mindee so I have to wait till Nov in chesterfield which is 7-9. By the way I got my crb back yesterday it took 1 week rang ofsted and they said they had everything and should get my certificate next week. so it will have took 6 weeks from posting my application to recieving my certificate. dead chuffed. xxx

Newbie1!
21-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I was going to and then I got a full time mindee so I have to wait till Nov in chesterfield which is 7-9. By the way I got my crb back yesterday it took 1 week rang ofsted and they said they had everything and should get my certificate next week. so it will have took 6 weeks from posting my application to recieving my certificate. dead chuffed. xxx

Aww thats a shame! That is really good, I spoke to Ofsted yesterday and all my health checks ok, social services ok, theyve got one reference back and have requested my CRB (yesterday) so fingers crossed I wont be too long! How did you get your mindee if you dont mind me asking? did you advertise? Im really worried as we cannot afford for me just to give up work but then on the other hand I cant advertise myself as available and then have to turn part timers away because of work...if that makes sense!!xxx:panic: :panic:

gazanne
21-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I dropped off leaflets at all the schools before they finished got 4 enquires I have done a carboot this afternoon went with lots of leaflets but not a success only one showed an interest. thinking of trying the papers next week.