PDA

View Full Version : Am I jinxed????

kaz1501
03-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I had an enquiry a couple of weeks ago who said she wanted the space then I never saw or heard from her again! Then another enquiry, made arrangements for her to visit, she text me the night before to say she couldn't make it then...silence!
Yesterday another enquiry from a Mum who sounded quite desparate, arranged for her to come round today for a chat at 1pm...NO SHOW!!!!!! :angry:

I am getting so downhearted!

I had an enquiry this morning & she has arranged to visit next tuesday but I hardly dare expect her to come :(

On the bright side I am getting enquiries! :thumbsup:

Just needed a moan

Karen
x x x x

Minnie Minx
03-04-2008, 12:58 PM
oh karen, hugs to you, don't people just annoy you :censored: :censored: keep going hunny as you're getting enquiries and fingers crossed that you get some mindees soon

xxx

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
How damn annoying!
Maybe the next enquiry ask them to keep to the appointment or ring to say they can't make it and write their phone numbers done so you can chase them up about it.

I hope you get a nice enquiry soon. X

sarah707
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I get this quite a lot - I think they are ringing down a list and they decide to go to a couple on the list and ignore the rest... ignorant if you ask me :(

Trouble
03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
i think when people ring up we should just say come now or in the next hour and they havent got time to think about it:panic:

kaz1501
03-04-2008, 03:41 PM
good idea rascal! I might try that next time!
Although my faith in humanity has been restored this afternoon, thanks to some local childminders! :clapping:

I have advertised everywhere & anywhere that I can think of including my own front room window. A childminder spotted it & knocked on my door to introduce herself :) (how lovely is that!) She took a pile of my business cards & promised to pass them around the other childminders and to any enquiries she gets as she is full.

True to her word alittle while later I got a phone call from another childminder saying the same. She said she is getting loads of calls but is also full so fingers crossed some will come my way & actually turn up!

Local to me there is a childminders support group that meet at the local surestart centre but they meet on a thursday & I have no children on thursdays so I have not been to it. I am going to go next week as they were so friendly & supportive :thumbsup: They also reassured me that I can come without children in toe lol.

So all in all I am feeling much better now :)

Oh, I also enjoyed spending my £100 toys r us gift card from Lincolnshire council today. I got some lovely toys...just need some children to play with my one mindee/grandaughter!

Karen
x x x

angeldelight
04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Good luck Karen hope you get some calls soon

Angel xx

ruby
04-04-2008, 10:25 AM
glad you are feeling better now

hope the calls keep coming and you have some new mindes soon

cathy

anneriddington
04-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Its so annoying when people dont show - its happened to me.

Im going to spend my £100 this Sunday - not decided what to get yet though.:)

kaz1501
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Lovely web site Anne :)

I have signed your guest book & added a link onto my web page. Enjoy spending your voucher:clapping:

Karen
x x x