PDA

View Full Version : Ive had enough !!!!!!

Ben10mad
12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Hiya guys ive come on to have a moan sorry :)
I have looked after lo for a year and half, parents and my self have a good working relationship but when it comes to paying thats when i get :angry:
Since caring for lo mother has always payed me on a monday for the week before (i know now i should of changed it to in advance!!!)the first year she was quite good with paying but since January 2010 its all gone to pot, I get paid weekly stated in contact and worked for us both at the time (still does for me) in the month- 16th june-16th july i recieved one payment :eek: i chased money every day and i had excuse after excuse. Well by the 16th july she owed 550 with late fee's added ( my late fees are 10.00 per day)
Since the last payment i have recieved nothing i have asked everyday this week ''i will bring it in morning'' ''sorry i forgot'' '' im sure i had brought it with me''. Its was the childs last childcare day for the week so i wont see her till monday now picked her up this afternoon and said soon as patner gets back i will drop it round........ Has she NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She owes me 700.00 its my sons bday next week and have got soo many bils.
I know i will get the money but just probley 500 she will then say that i will give you the rest in the week but she wont she wont give it me till probley next month, im still caring for her child but the thing is i have 3 mindee's leaving in 3 weeks so i am going to be stuck for money so what do i do let her walk all over me and pay me when she wants or end contract and struggle with money for a few weeks.
She has told me about two weeks ago that they had money troubles but i explained that this is my buisiness and this is a bill and needs to be paid.
I rang for some legal advice and they said to write a letter stating to pay the full amount by x date which i have done, and if they do not pay then may be wise ending contract, but i forgot to ask, As they have breached their contract how much notice do i have to give them?, its 4 weeks in my contracts. could i refuse the childcare untill paid?

also added the letter could you tell me if thats ok please

Sorry to go on & on & on :)

zillervalley
12-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Hiya guys ive come on to have a moan sorry :)
I have looked after lo for a year and half, parents and my self have a good working relationship but when it comes to paying thats when i get :angry:
Since caring for lo mother has always payed me on a monday for the week before (i know now i should of changed it to in advance!!!)the first year she was quite good with paying but since January 2010 its all gone to pot, I get paid weekly stated in contact and worked for us both at the time (still does for me) in the month- 16th june-16th july i recieved one payment :eek: i chased money every day and i had excuse after excuse. Well by the 16th july she owed 550 with late fee's added ( my late fees are 10.00 per day)
Since the last payment i have recieved nothing i have asked everyday this week ''i will bring it in morning'' ''sorry i forgot'' '' im sure i had brought it with me''. Its was the childs last childcare day for the week so i wont see her till monday now picked her up this afternoon and said soon as patner gets back i will drop it round........ Has she NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She owes me 700.00 its my sons bday next week and have got soo many bils.
I know i will get the money but just probley 500 she will then say that i will give you the rest in the week but she wont she wont give it me till probley next month, im still caring for her child but the thing is i have 3 mindee's leaving in 3 weeks so i am going to be stuck for money so what do i do let her walk all over me and pay me when she wants or end contract and struggle with money for a few weeks.
She has told me about two weeks ago that they had money troubles but i explained that this is my buisiness and this is a bill and needs to be paid.
I rang for some legal advice and they said to write a letter stating to pay the full amount by x date which i have done, and if they do not pay then may be wise ending contract, but i forgot to ask, As they have breached their contract how much notice do i have to give them?, its 4 weeks in my contracts. could i refuse the childcare untill paid?

also added the letter could you tell me if thats ok please

Sorry to go on & on & on :)

some time ago I refused childcare untill i was paid cash, had loads of late payments and the final straw was a bounced chq , i did not get paid had to go to small claims ,I lost the mindees to which was quite sad, as they would run to me in the school yard, and then one night asked why they couldnt come to my house any more, goodness knows what mum had told them

try and solve it without the above happening good luck

LittleAcorns
12-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Yes you are within your rights to withdraw care until fees are upto date

Im a softy and have to be careful...but

I would ask to speak to her on a personal level, ie arrange a meeting, just say you want the payment problems to be sorted as you want to continue with a good working relationship and feel these issues are getting in the way, explain that you could withdraw care, go to a small claims court etc and that you'd rather sort this between you

would you be happy to accept the £500 then ask for the outstanding to be added on to the following 4 weeks for eg. but put it all in writing, with dates payment expected and get her to sign...

youve tried your best then

Good luck with what ever you decide x

LittleAcorns
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
I couldnt read your attachment sorry

I believe you can cancel the contract with immediate effect as shes in breach! but im not 100%

AliceK
13-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi
Personally I wouldn't still be providing care if I was owed that much money. I would make it clear to mum that unless the fees come with the child you will have no choice but to suspend care with immediate effect and pass it over to your insurers to chase. I'm with MM and I know they are very good with this type of thing. I have in the past driven over to a parents house to collect my money and I'm only talking about being 4 days late but I won't accept it.
Good Luck

xxxxxx

Mookins
13-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi hun

Having read your letter which is very good...although personally I would keep it direct and cut out all the in between.

Make it official example

Dear.....

With regards to the amount owing to date £...
I am now in the process of talking with my legal team, therefore unless the amount of £...is paid by such a date I have no choice but to terminate the contract.

Payment can be made by cash direct to me or standing order.

Please contact me as soon as possible so we can sort this problem.

Yours sincerely

Its a lot of money and you need to be strict...why should you get into financial problems cos of her!!

xx

Ben10mad
13-08-2010, 09:25 AM
thanks for the replys, im going get a meeting set up.

xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi hun

Having read your letter which is very good...although personally I would keep it direct and cut out all the in between.

Make it official example

Dear.....

With regards to the amount owing to date £...
I am now in the process of talking with my legal team, therefore unless the amount of £...is paid by such a date I have no choice but to terminate the contract.

Payment can be made by cash direct to me or standing order.

Please contact me as soon as possible so we can sort this problem.

Yours sincerely

Its a lot of money and you need to be strict...why should you get into financial problems cos of her!!

xx

I think if you go down this route you will say goodbye to your parent. Once it gets official, i.e. legal team, you will lose them.

In your letter 4th line down I think you mean to say "financially in debt" and not "fanatically".

Good luck

Mookins
13-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I think if you go down this route you will say goodbye to your parent. Once it gets official, i.e. legal team, you will lose them.

In your letter 4th line down I think you mean to say "financially in debt" and not "fanatically".

Good luck

i did think this as i was writing it.....suppose it depends whether you can risk replacing them....very difficult position to be in im sure:(

xx

Ben10mad
13-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Rung parent couple of time today no answer so i written lastest invoice out and popped round with it after i finished work. No one in so i posted through letter box, ONLY found out they are selling up, board outside the house

little chickee
17-08-2010, 09:02 PM
i have a horrible feeling that you are not going to get paid.
I would definatley stop caring for the child immediatly - they are taking the pee.

Im not sure how you should go about gettinh=g your money but you can at least stop it getting worse.

I would have with held care as soon as she missed the 2nd payment.

newandlearning
17-08-2010, 09:40 PM
who is your insurance with sweetie..

I was told by the NCMA that if a parent doesn't pay you still have to work 4 weeks notice or you are in breach of contracts too?

I believe MM have a different stand point to NCMA? I know its mad that that could be the case.. I'm thinking with all future clients of adding a clause saying if more than X weeks monies is owing then I shall terminate with immediate effect.. but firstly want to check with NCMA if this is alright...

I feel for ya.. it doesn't my head in when I don't feel the parents are totally respectly I'm a business and want paying as one.. I hope that helps a lil :)