PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sad and fed - up

rharrison43140
12-08-2010, 07:48 PM
:( I had my pre-reg almost three months ago and got mine and my husbands CRB's back almost one month ago. I was told by a lady at Ofsted that my registration certificate was on its way.
It has still not arrived though, so I rang them again to double check what was happening and the guy I spoke to this time said that the lady had got it wrong and that they were still waiting to hear back on the SS check.
They said they would chase SS up as they contacted them originally at the beginning of June (!!!) and have still not received the necessary clearances off them.
All that was two weeks ago and I STILL haven't heard off Ofsted or received my certificate! Should I phone them again? I'm starting to feel really fed up and upset now.
I want to start in September if I can but I feel as though this will never happen.
I need a copy of my registration certificate to show my co-ordinator and mentor before they will provide me with my leaflet to get my first years free public liabilty insurance and purple box from NCMA, and obviously I can't start my work without those things!

Add to that, I have had NO INTEREST in any of my vacancies even after loads of advertising. I am advertising on every childcare website I know, I have given out business cards to all and sundry, and I have done a brochure and leaflet drop around the whole of my local area. I have also left brochures in all my local businesses and asked friends/family to hand some more out.
What more can I do? :(
I have two spaces that will be filled by my niece and my nephew so I will be earning a wage but obviously I would really love to fill at least one more space with a child other than a family member.

I'm just at my wits end with it all - can someone please advise me on what to do next because I already feel miserable and ready to give up. I've worked so hard to get everything sorted and now it just seems like a lot of silly things are going to spoil things.

samb
12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Sending you a big hug first of all.

I would definitely ring them again - why not? At least then you feel like you're doing something.

I would try to see just having your niece and nephew to start with as a way of getting all your paper work in order - a sort of soft way to start off all the work load that will be to come! And even if you had loads of people enquiring about vacancies you wouldn't be able to start yet anyway as you've said. So maybe you will start getting calls when the time is right for you.

I can understand you feeling fed up and it is hard to see the positives sometimes. I am sure everything will come together eventually. And there are still a few weeks for the certificate to come through for Sept.

Hope that helped? x

rharrison43140
12-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Thank you. :) x

Mookins
12-08-2010, 08:05 PM
ring ring ring ring....just keep ringing them....maybe they will get so sick of your calls they wil speed up:D

sending you hugs

xxx

Annabelle
13-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I've had exactly the same thing, phoned Ofsted today and they said they would chase it up, its so annoying - typical council though.

On the possitive side, at least you will have your neice and nephew.

Fingers crossed