PDA

View Full Version : Dreading the vets on sat

Stillgoingstrong
12-08-2010, 05:04 PM
I have just had to phone the vet and book the appointment for my old boy to have the happy jab on Saturday. I feel awful as he still smiles at me and wags his tail and eats his treats BUT he also keeps falling over as he has some nerve degeneration and spinal something or other. His back legs have been very wobbly for a while, and his front legs started going about 4 or 5 weeks ago.He's been on tablets for a while, and they have eeked things out but they aren't going to make him better. He could live with this, it won't actually kill him, but it's just not fair as he fell twice just while standing eating his tea, and he fell when trying to have a poo so he must be distressed. He's 13. How do I look at him tomorrow knowing that the next day I'm taking him for the you know what :(

miffy
12-08-2010, 05:12 PM
That's very sad but sometimes you have to do what's right for them even though it breaks your heart.

You are brave - I sent dh when it was our dog, couldn't face it myself :(

Miffy xx

nannysue
12-08-2010, 05:50 PM
So sorry to hear your news ... have lots of cuddles with him and i hope you will be ok on Saturday , sending a hug to you (((xx)))

Stillgoingstrong
13-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Feeling really miserable today - both me and the dog. I've dislocated my elbow and I can't take him for a last very slow walk, or drive or play or anything as I'm in agony. I'm upstairs and he's in the kitchen as he cant get up the stairs and I cant carry him with one arm in a sling - the kitchen and playroom are on the lower ground floor, and he's in the kitchen so he can get out easily. No mindees today so he's got some peace. Got him some mince just going to try and cook it for him with one arm! I have 2 other dogs and I swear when they are gone never again - this is too sad to deal with

Pedagog
13-08-2010, 01:18 PM
I have just booked my cat in for the same for tomorrow.

LittleAcorns
13-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Sat here for a while not knowing what to type...just want to send you my love and will be thinking of you xx

AliceK
13-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this it's so sad isn't it.
Will be thinking of you both over the weekend :(

Sending hugs

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx