PDA

View Full Version : Averaging out the fees

kateshady
12-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi

How do you work out your fees?

Do you work it out for the year & then divide by 52 weeks so you are always getting the same amount throughout the year or do you just have the parents pay for that week or month?

I have had an enquiry from a term time only parent & I wont be charging her for the hols.
Would you spread the costs out?
Does this work out easier for them with tax credits?

Any advice appreciated! I hope the above makes sense!

Many Thanks
Kate

Chatterbox Childcare
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Firstly tax credits are the parents department and not yours

You will get mixed messages on this subject from weekly, monthly, what NCMA like etc..

I personally take my year running from Sept - August work out the fees and divide by 12 or 11 if the parent wants it due to not coming in August.

Mostly I find that the parent likes 12 months as their childcare vouchers are claimed monthly and as I won't work in arrears and wait for the vouchers to catch me up and they don't want a credit from August to carry forward we do it that way

It doesn't matter which way you do it as long as both parties are happy and I would advise ALWAYS in advance.

Millenium
13-08-2010, 08:12 AM
As Debbie has said, the parent's position regarding tax credits is not your concern.

I don't do "average fees" and all invoices are payable monthly in advance - I do not give parents any choice - I cannot be being paid at different frequencies at different times of the month - the 1st of the month for the forthcoming month for all of them!