PDA

View Full Version : 10 month old activites please?

coffee-time
11-08-2010, 06:56 PM
hi, ive got a 10 month old mindee who started with me last week (my first, just on thurs and fri) i had her all day we went to the park for a few hours with my own children too, and whilst at home i sat her on a playmat with lots of toys around her to play with and played with her myself as did my own children, is there anything else i could be doing at home with her? i feel this isnt enough but cant think of what else to do:blush: youd think i would know having 3 of my own!! also should i be doing obs yet as shes so young?
shes not crawling yet so just sits and plays nicely:clapping:

clio0602
11-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Could you make a treasure basket? Diff textures, colours patterns etc

My 9 mth mindee always has a little go at the activities the older ones are doing ie painting (hand and footprints) sand, she loves the water. Just gotta watch closely before the inevitable happens and whatever it is goes in the mouth!

Rolling balls so she can attempt to crawl after them - tummy time

Err I'll come back if I think of some more HTH tho x

Daisy1956
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I was on a course and they used one of those silver blankets they have after a marathon it was lovely and crinkly I thought it would be good in a treasure basket or to crawl or roll on .

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I find lots of free play at this age is good, go with their lead, with lots of opportunity to explore.

Treasure baskets are great

As for your obs, make them child-led so "today lo attempted to crawl to reach a toy" next step encourage crawling and movement by putting fav toys slightly out of reach"

or "today lo really enjoyed story time esp the animal noises so next time maybe use a cd of noises or a story sack"

hope this helps

coffee-time
11-08-2010, 08:59 PM
thankyou, all very helpful, i want to do some obs as like i said this is my first mindee and need the practice!! although her mum said that she wasnt interested in obs just as long as the little one was well cared for ect, i said i would need to do them anyway to show ofsted when they come.;)

moljak
11-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I was on a course and they used one of those silver blankets they have after a marathon it was lovely and crinkly I thought it would be good in a treasure basket or to crawl or roll on .

I have one of these.cost £1 and is well used :)