PDA

View Full Version : I feel so bad

katiekid
11-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I am a smoker, and have been for a good few years. When I started minding, I stopped during the day and just had a wake up fag and about 3 at night, and still do. My problem is, today at 1.00 I felt the urge to have a chill out fag. I was minding a little one, but she had just dropped off, and I never smoke at all in the day, but I did and mum came early to pick up and caught me...
She laughed about it and that was it, so i mumbled a sorry and got little one ready and when they had gone, burst into tears and text her that I was really sorry, would understand if she terminated, and so on, and she text me back saying i was lovely and she knew i wouldnt do it in front of the little one and she was really nice....But i feel so awful i cant stop crying, i feel like i have let her down and all my children, and myself, but i have tried so many times to stop , and now i really feel i have to, has anyone else been in this situation, because at the moment i could do with advice.
IM SORRY TO DRONE ON, BUT I FEEL SO SO BAD...............:panic: :(

Curly Quavers
11-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I think you have done really well to cut down to just 4 a day.

The question do you want to give up?

I don't smoke so am not an expert but I would suggest cutting down once more and maybe still have your morning one (I know my mum is horrendous in the morning without hers) and maybe 2 in the evening.

Do this for a month then cut down again.

katiekid
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi curly, i have sent off for a quit pack and im determined to do it this time, i would hate to lose a mindee because of my stupid habit, thanks for the support :)

hayleychildcare
11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I quit smoking 5 years ago.

Doctors said i had 6 years left if i continued to smoke :eek:

I used the nicorette patches. :clapping:

It was really hard and i had 2 episodes of hysterics with my OH. :eek:
I found that removing everything associated with smoking from the house helped, i.e. ash trays, lighters.

Morning were the worst. I always got up had a cuppa and a smoke. So because of this i didnt have a cuppa in the morning for about 6 month.

It is all about completely changing your routine in the mornings

Im not going to say that it is easy to do but it is very worthwhile.

I wouldnt be here if i hadent quit and im only 36 :eek:

Good luck :thumbsup:

sarah707
11-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Good for you!

Think of all the money you will save :D

katiekid
11-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey Hayley, that is a story to make give up, good on you, that was harsh advice off your doctor, but i think i will take your story as my own, because my doc could say that to me one day soon. thanks for that and WELL DONE xx

LillyB
03-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey Katie,

Don't be too hard on yourself! Everyone makes a mistake now and then. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise as it may be the real incentive you need to finally quit :)