PDA

View Full Version : Shift worker fees

louised
11-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I currently look after a mindee 4 who starts school in September and I am going to be having her for an hour in the morning and taking her to school and picking her up and having her for an hour after school. Her dad is a shift worker and works nights every other week so will not need me at all the week he is on nights. What should i charge for the week my services are not needed?

I currently charge half fees for any contracted hours that are not used but from september I am going to charge full fees for all contracted hours whether they are used or not including when the child is sick. I don't think the parents will want to pay full for the week they don't need me but i can't let them pay nothing at all as I haven't got much work at the moment, do half fees seem fair?

LittleAcorns
11-08-2010, 12:27 PM
if you dont think there is a chance you could fill that space on the opposite week, which is unlikely unless you find another shiftworker! id charge half, but if you were needed ever you'd have to have the space available :D