PDA

View Full Version : SEF help!!!

twiggy
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm due an inspection in Sept and thought I had better sit and try and complete my SEF. My mind has gone totally blank.

I'm on section 3/4 quality of the provision & outcomes for children. I have broken it up into the 5 sections eg

Feel Safe: Mentioned safety equip, setting boundaries and explaining them, safeguarding and teaching road safety, looking at books and trips to fire station etc.

Healthy Lifestyles - teaching children about healthy options, providing healthy snacks, regular hand washing etc, outdoor play

But I'm completely stuck on
Achieve and enjoy
Making a positive contribution
Develop skill for the future

Is this what they are after and can anyone please put me on the right track for the 3 I can't do.

I really could sit here and cry.

sarah707
11-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Achieve and enjoy is about all your obs, assessments and planning and how you support children to learn and develop;

Making a positive contribution covers your inclusion, equality of opportunity, working with parents etc.

If you go through the Principles into Practice cards that came with your Eyfs pack you will see at the bottom of them they are all linked to Every Child Matters.

You should get some clues from them :D

twiggy
12-08-2010, 06:09 AM
Thanks Sarah

I have now purchased your e-book on SEF and it looks great. It breaks the SEF down into bits I can understand, I couldn't even understand what to do from the SEF guidance notes. I think Ofsted should employ you to write their guidance notes for them.

Twiggy