PDA

View Full Version : sleeping children

nb73
10-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi, Still in the early stages of becoming a childminder, but need advice on the following:
If you look after children that still need a daytime nap, can you have more than one asleep in the same room (obviously if you have the space!)?
Can they sleep in a normal bed if they have a normal bed at home they don't fall out of and have no bed guard (or do ofsted recommend you have a bed guard)?
Can you put a mattress on the floor? (my son's nursery lay out small mattresses for their naps)
Can they sleep on a sofa bed (as long as they can't fall out) ?

many thanks for any advice x

jelly15
10-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Two of my LOs sleep in lay flat buggies (parents are happy with this) and the ones who are coming up to three years old sleep on the sofas. I usually have one in my bedroom (ground floor), one in the lounge and one in the playroom. Hope this helps.

rickysmiths
10-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I use a combination of sofa, beds, travel cots, buggies and Ready Beds. It depends on the age of the child and what they and their parents are happy with.
My whole house is registered so I have complete flexibility as to which rooms I can use. Remeber just because a room is registered it doesn't mean you have to use it for childminding. I also never show prospective parents upstairs in my house on the basis that it have been inspected by Ofsted and they are mine and my families bedrooms and so remain private.

singlewiththree
11-08-2010, 06:47 AM
As long as you have signed permission for their parent practialy anything goes. I have had one child who sleeps in a pushchair, one in a travel cot and am arranging the cotbed for Sept as mum says he is too big for the travel cot and wants him in a bed.

cas2805
11-08-2010, 07:27 AM
My DS in his cot and mindee in travel cot. I thought that Ofsted marked you down if baby asleep in the buggy, even if parents sign to say this is ok?

nb73
11-08-2010, 07:48 AM
thanks ladies for all your help and advice x

Monkey26
11-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I used to have all the children asleep in my spare room - i have 2 single beds, a travel cot and lay flat buggy in there - but as they got older i found they kept each other awake and played around so i have separated them all out now... usually one in my room, one in the spare room and another in the living room, with pushchairs and travel cots as well as my whole house being registered so i have the flexability to do this :D If you register your whole house then you can move children around as necessary-it has only been in the last 6 weeks i have separated children out and i have been minding 3 years! - it all really depends on the children you have! Whoooo what a lot of waffle but hope some of it has helped! xx