PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg advertising

Jaxholdham
10-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi I am in the process of registration and am just waiting for my crb checks. On the website this morning it says that they have been posted today. Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to start advertising before you have your registration certificate and also does anyone know when I am likely to receive my certificate?

Many thanks :)

Jax

sarah707
10-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Yes you can advertise, there are no rules about that.

You should get your ads out there now so you don't miss the September starters.

I hope your certificate hurries up! :D

judisteve
10-08-2010, 07:09 PM
When I had my pre-reg visit, Ofsted lady told me in no uncertain terms that I could not advertise until I had my registration certificate in my hand!
My registration certificate arrived a week after my CRB so that isn't long to wait!
I guess if you have an enquiry you can't show them your certificate if you haven't got it! Having said that I guess if you are honest with people there is no harm in putting out some feelers to see if there is any interest.

Jaxholdham
11-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Ok thanks very much for your replies they have been very helpful. Hopefully I won't have long to wait for my certificate.......

Jax

kentcfis
11-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Your local FIS will receive your information directly from OfSTED once they have ticked a few boxes on their system...

Your local FIS can advertise you for FREE - you can call them on 0800 2346 346...

Mookins
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
i started advertising i think it was after my pre reg inspection....advertised that was not yet registered etc etc and that i was taking enquiries for whe i was ready

stil waiting for my certificate but what i thought would be 3 children possibly lined up but now only 1 possible

xx

Jaxholdham
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your reply Jennie,

I have been reading your progress on here to see how long things took like CRB checks etc. You should have your certificate very shortly I hope. Where did you advertise??

Jax.

Mookins
11-08-2010, 04:38 PM
im on netmums....and childcare.co.uk

but have now started advertising in my village,drs etc

netmums i thought i had 2 children lined up as the mother was "desperate,hadnt found anyone close,i was perfect location been looking since dec please keep me posted as soon as youre registered...messaged her couple days ago to say certificate should be here within next few days does shewant to pop over for a cofee,cake etc and all of a sudden she has somone lined up:rolleyes:

childcare website ive not paid so people can contact me i havent a paypal account so cant sign up:rolleyes: but have a possible one there fingers crossed

gonna get some tops made up soon with my logo on and wear them when i go out running and when im working (village shop) and run round naked with it tatood on my bottom if all that fails:littleangel: ;)

you never know:D :laughing:

gotta keep positive

xx