PDA

View Full Version : wot to do???

oneofeach
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm after some advice please/wondering wot you all do.

Basically I am redoing my contract and increasing my fees, I havent increased since I started 2 years ago.

I feel some (but not all) parents are taking advantage and I need to get tough.

At present I charge an hourly rate which works fine for the pre schoolers.

For before and after school I am thinking of charging a set fee and charging for tea.

Do you all have standard rates or do you charge depending on hours needed ect?

Any advice would be helpful as I hate the money side of this job but I'm beginning to hate the fact that people think I'm a charity more!

Stillgoingstrong
09-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Its horrible when you feel that people just see you as a commodity - I had this the other day when mindees arrived half an hour early and I was told it was because mummy needed to pack for her weekend away and could I do them a bit of breakfast (which I dont normally) - lovely, but I wasn't even dressed! No apology or extra cash, just a dump and run. I sent a letter home saying next time I need advance agreement over altering ANYTHING and it would cost. Mum phoned and said "but your just at home anyway I didnt think you'd mind"!
So, in answer to your question:D some I charge a flat rate for before and after school, some I charge hourly:eek: This is because some come at reasonable times and go early so they get a flat rate, and others come early and go late so I charge hourly with extra for unsociable hours. Not much help really, am I:D

funemnx
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I charge an hourly rate £3.00 here. I find it easier to work out than a daily rate. Also with a daily rate, you might find that the children are collected at the last minute before you close (sometimes it's nice when some go earlier). Also, by charging an hourly rate, you can charge overtime for outside contracted hours if you want to

oneofeach
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks girls, you both have good points.

Think I will have different rates for different situations.

All day rate might encourage them to stay longer:panic:

Maybe charging for tea will get rid of them sooner??:)