PDA

View Full Version : DH going for it!

mum2two
02-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, DH has decided it def wants to do it with me, so I am now advertising the spaces! Ofsted have said we can have 8 under 8, of which no more than 4 under 5 & only 2 under 1!!

This includes our own 2. Not sure why we can't have 10 under 8 plus our own 2 - but hey, still a big chunk of money!!

I've just updated my spaces on netmums, stating I work with hubby, and have e-mailed CIS to get them to update on 'other info'

I've actually just had an e-mail enquiry for twins one day a week! I've e-mailed back saying depending on age & day required, and said DH would have to 'work from home' one day a week, in order to do it. He's not going to give up completely for 1 day's work - but hey - it's a start!

Fingers crossed! (Plus I've e-mailed Pauline about getting a FANTASTIC website done!!)

Kelly x

Oooohhh - they've just e-mailed me back whist writing this. 15 mths old, Weds from now, then Thurs from May! It's all up to DH now!!!

Mollymop
02-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh that brilliant news! well done to hubby and well done for getting the new mindee!!!

fionamal
02-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Thats great news! Hope it all goes well.

littletreasures
02-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Great news.

Jules

miffy
02-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Congratulations hope it all works out well

miffy xx

sarah707
02-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Sounds like it's all coming together for you! Good luck! :D

emler
02-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Sounds great - hope it works out

Emler x

ajs
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
fantastic well done for getting the spaces filled so quickly (hopefully)

is hubby your assistant or a registered childminder in his own right

mum2two
02-04-2008, 08:43 PM
He's going to be my assistant. I spoke to ofsted about the difference, and they said they only thing was I would need to get written permission from the parents they are happy for their children to be left in his sole care. He's not automatically on the contract. But I feel if they weren't happy with him, then they wouldn't leave their kids with me in the first place!

Once we get going, he'll probably go on the icp course, and get registered, but we'll see how it goes.

Plus, I've spoke to my friend who's an accountant, and she said, if he registers as self employed, then invoices me each month, what I pay him as a 'contractor', can be deducted from my tax bill. ;)

Kelly x

ajs
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
only asked because my hubby is my assistant too and when i called ofsted about whether it made any difference to him being registered or being my assistant they only said that it depends on space how many children we could still care for

i wasn't entirely sure that as an assistant he would be allowed his own children

or is another of ofsted's it depends who you ask as to what answer you get xx

Pauline
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
only asked because my hubby is my assistant too and when i called ofsted about whether it made any difference to him being registered or being my assistant they only said that it depends on space how many children we could still care for

i wasn't entirely sure that as an assistant he would be allowed his own children

or is another of ofsted's it depends who you ask as to what answer you get xx

They are not technically his own children, they are your responsibility, even though you are allowed more when using an assistant. If, for instance you were ill in hospital, he wouldn't be able to care for any of the children on his own as an assistant. If he were registered in his own right then he would.

Does that makes sense?

manjay
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
They are not technically his own children, they are your responsibility, even though you are allowed more when using an assistant. If, for instance you were ill in hospital, he wouldn't be able to care for any of the children on his own as an assistant. If he were registered in his own right then he would.

Does that makes sense?

Yep!! My dh is registered so if I have had enough he can look after them on his own for a day:D I usually pick fridays to run away when I have 6 mindees and my 3!! I find it makes him appreciate what I do

amanda xx

Janes Juniors
09-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi Kelly
Do you need planning permission to care for that many children. I am interested as I am thinking of doing the same thing myself with my daughter helping me.... Jane xxxx :laughing:

Well, DH has decided it def wants to do it with me, so I am now advertising the spaces! Ofsted have said we can have 8 under 8, of which no more than 4 under 5 & only 2 under 1!!

This includes our own 2. Not sure why we can't have 10 under 8 plus our own 2 - but hey, still a big chunk of money!!

I've just updated my spaces on netmums, stating I work with hubby, and have e-mailed CIS to get them to update on 'other info'

I've actually just had an e-mail enquiry for twins one day a week! I've e-mailed back saying depending on age & day required, and said DH would have to 'work from home' one day a week, in order to do it. He's not going to give up completely for 1 day's work - but hey - it's a start!

Fingers crossed! (Plus I've e-mailed Pauline about getting a FANTASTIC website done!!)

Kelly x

Oooohhh - they've just e-mailed me back whist writing this. 15 mths old, Weds from now, then Thurs from May! It's all up to DH now!!!

Pauline
09-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Do you need planning permission to care for that many children. I am interested as I am thinking of doing the same thing myself with my daughter helping me.... Jane xxxx :laughing:

It depends on your local council, some say you do some say you don't!

foxy lady
09-07-2008, 12:04 PM
omg i think i would kill my other half if he was here all day
the days he has off now drive me mad
he did suggest that he might like to give up work and become my assistant i told him no way EVER EVER :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pauline
10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
omg i think i would kill my other half if he was here all day
the days he has off now drive me mad
he did suggest that he might like to give up work and become my assistant i told him no way EVER EVER :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don't suppose it works for everyone!! :D

Graham and I think it's one of the best things we've ever done and would have done it years ago knowing what we know now! :)

Amaranth
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I work full time with my hubby too. We have worked together for just over 2 years now and like Pauline, we think it is the best thing we have done and wish we had have been braver and done it sooner.
Hubby used to be my assistant but is now fully registered himself. Didn't know about the contractors thing though, will have a look into that one :D

Pauline
11-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Hubby used to be my assistant but is now fully registered himself. Didn't know about the contractors thing though, will have a look into that one :D

If he is registered in his own right then he wil submit is own tax return won't he for his own childminding business? Therefore you won't be able to put his fees down on your own tax return. If you see what I mean.

Amaranth
11-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, you're right Pauline. I was very tired last night. You will have to excuse me :blush: