PDA

View Full Version : tricky fee problem please advise.

moljak
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I've had an enquiry from a student nurse who needs childcare 6.15am - 11am 3 days per week.Her partner works shifts so would take over childcare 11am.My normal fees are £4 per hour and £5 for anti social hours i.e. before 7.30am.

The early starts aren't scaring me as these are for placements and could change in the future but I'm wondering what to charge.The baby will be 1yr when I start minding.

we've only been chatting via email but get the feeling I like this mum and would like to help her get on with her career.She said she gets financial help for childcare through her nursing and also said tax credits would probably help.

I'm thinking they may be different days though so would need to keep the space at all times.

what would you charge? do ? on these circumstances orking on my fee structure.

Thanks

karensmart4
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I would charge £65 as a flat fee for the 3 days, once she qualifies she may need you for more hours. :)

Stillgoingstrong
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I would work out what YOU want each day and charge for the whole week regardless of how many days she uses/needs. Its the same old same old, the place will be impossible to fill on the days she doesnt want you, so the whole week will need to be paid for. Dont get caught out feeling sorry for someone or trying to help - I'm a bit synical now after just being stung for doing a similar thing. TBH she probably wont be paying your fees herself anyway so make sure you charge enough - I would want at least £115 for the week. Good luck:D

sillysausage
08-08-2010, 10:12 AM
If she is a student nurse then there is a strong possibility that her childcare fees will be fully met by a bursary. It is worth asking her as that way you can charge for the full week without feeling guilty that she is a student on a low income. Don't forget to bear in mind retainers for during the holidays etc.

moljak
08-08-2010, 10:18 AM
thankyou all for your advice.I've emailed her asking if she wants to meet to talk things through properly.It will give me some time to think about how it will work and also give her a chance to talk to tutors ect about shifts/hours ect :)