PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from other childcare providers

jus
07-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi All,
Just wondered if any of you had mindees which attend other day Nursery and if any of you have wrote to them for feedback on the child to see were they are in the eyfs.

I have mindee 2 yrs who attends a day nursery one day aweek and rest of week comes to me, I would like to know were he's at with eyfs with his development etc for his age. Also I will be starting with a 3 year old in Sept and he'd been at day nursery.

As anyone wrote to a nursery regarging any mindees they have and have you received feedback for that child on eyfs.

Ps Any :idea: what i should put in letter to receive feedback for this mindee.

Hope someone can help :D
Thanxs jus:thumbsup:

wellybelly
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
First of all make sure you have consent from the pearent to share information and talk to the setting about the child. Give the nursery a copy of the consent and keep another copy in the childs learning journey. I put a few quotes from the EYFS at the head of a letter about sharing information between settings and effective communication. Then you could write ...

I am x childminder and he attends my setting on xday etc. I would like to share regular information with you on planning and where I think the child is with regards to their development. I would appriciate it if you could let me have copies of your newsletters and what you have planned for X. I aim to work in partnership with you blah blah blah. I include then a report like thing of where the child is (if you know the child) with regards to the 6 areas of learning and development. And what I have planned next.

Offer to go in for an informal meeting and make yourself known to the key worker.

I have a fantatsic working relationship with the nursery I take children too and they love the planning they get from me as much I love getting it from them. It ticks their boxes with ofsted too.

jus
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Wellybelly,
Thanxs for the reply:thumbsup: ,
The mindee I have starting in sept dosn't attend the day nursery anymore due to him having accidents which no-one could explain to the parents how it happened.

Also I'd just like feedback on what they planned with the child and where he his in is development, so I can plan forward from there.

I'll get consent from parents and see how it goes from there if I get no feedback I'll start from scratch.

Once he starts school nursery in october i'll work with the Teachers and communicate with them with planning and developement with that child.

Thanxs jus:D

wellybelly
10-08-2010, 02:58 PM
In that case, you can write a letter asking for this info, with a copy of the parents consent ofcourse. How worrying, unexplained accidents???