PDA

View Full Version : HELP! First Enquiry - lots of questions

SamBaker
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi!

I have just had my first enquiry, and now panicing!:panic: :panic: Can anyone help me with a few questions please?

What do you charge for meals?

What else should I include in first meeting? I have a questionare and just going to type up my policies

What happens with Tax credits, do I have to organise them?

Do I have to buy the car seat?

If you have any other advice I would be really really grateful, I havnt had my NCMA membership through yet so havnt got one of the childminder helpers yet( sorry I'm not sure what they are called)

Thank you so much for any help you can give me

xxx

sarah707
03-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi!

I have just had my first enquiry, and now panicing!:panic: :panic: Can anyone help me with a few questions please?

What do you charge for meals?

I include them it's up to you.

You should have a fees policy set out with all your charges so it's absolutely clear to the parents who pays when and for what

What else should I include in first meeting? I have a questionare and just going to type up my policies

show them round the house, chat about the child, ask if they have any questions...

What happens with Tax credits, do I have to organise them?

You need to inform them if you are working different hours so they can adjust your figure.

If you mean for parents then no, that's not your responsibility

Do I have to buy the car seat?

I usually do as I trust mine.

If you have any other advice I would be really really grateful, I havnt had my NCMA membership through yet so havnt got one of the childminder helpers yet( sorry I'm not sure what they are called)

Thank you so much for any help you can give me

xxx

You'll be fine! Just relax and enjoy the meeting.

Make sure you listen as well as talk... it's so easy to go into motor mouth if you are a bit nervous and forget to listen.

Good luck! :D

SamBaker
03-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Thank you Sarah, Unfortuantly I tend to be the other way and go quiet when I'm nervous, I will stay calm lol!

xx