PDA

View Full Version : Social Service check

leahlouise
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
hi i just phoned ofsted to see how it going and they said they are just waiting for the Social Service check to come though . can anyone tell me wont that is for and how long it takes please

LilyBelles
09-08-2010, 11:46 AM
hi i sent all my forms back to ofsted and crb 14th june and i called this morning and they are still waiting for both but have said they are chasing the social services up for me

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im so annoyed 7 weeks it is now

leahlouise
10-08-2010, 08:35 AM
hi
i am still waiting my partners crb it is at sage 4 and it has been like that for 2 weeks now i hope it don't take to long as i have a little boy to look after when school start again
LilyBelles i hope yours don't take to much longer at the crb and ofsted need to pull they finger out and go a bit faster

cuddlybunny38
10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
the social services check is to check things that may not be on a crb as may not have been criminal offences, can take a while as they are very slow. The things may be an allegation involving children, by any member of your family that may have gone to social services, may be an allegation made against the household, or if you or family member have ever been involved in anything that may affect a childs welfare, anything like this will be checked to see if anything is on file. if there is you will be asked about it by ofsted and then registration will carry on if all ok, hope all goes ok x

tiger79
10-08-2010, 09:51 AM
My CRB took 6 weeks from start to finish and apparently that's pretty quick!

sooz22
08-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Leah

I know this is an old post but was wondering, how long did it take for your social services check to come back in the end ?

Im currently going through the same thing where everything else is all back and ready its just this one check outstanding.

So far its been 10 weeks !!! and im really starting to get annoyed now and ofsted are not being at all helpful