PDA

View Full Version : got so many questions! lol

TinyTinker
01-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi
I'm new to all this so please bare with me!lol. I am waiting to get on to the ICP training hopefully within the next month or so, but have so many things going round my head; if anyone can help with any of these, I would be grateful:o

I have a 3 bed house with open plan downstairs and good size garden. I have 2 children of my own (4 years and 7 months) who have a room each - so no spare room.

1 - where do you set aside for safe sleeping? can you put travel cots in your bedroom or your childs bedroom?

2 - do you use your own kids toys/equipment for your mindees or have seperate stuff?

3 - do you need a downstairs toilet facility? is it okay to have 2 stairgates for kids to go through to get to toilet?

I'll probably think of loads more, can't wait to attend a training session to get started and have my questions answered! :clapping:

Playmate
01-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi
I'm new to all this so please bare with me!lol. I am waiting to get on to the ICP training hopefully within the next month or so, but have so many things going round my head; if anyone can help with any of these, I would be grateful:o

I have a 3 bed house with open plan downstairs and good size garden. I have 2 children of my own (4 years and 7 months) who have a room each - so no spare room.

1 - where do you set aside for safe sleeping? can you put travel cots in your bedroom or your childs bedroom?
I use travel cots in my bedroom and 1 of my children's rooms

2 - do you use your own kids toys/equipment for your mindees or have seperate stuff?
My childrenare older now, but previously they mainly shared my children's toys, but maybe a few would be kept seperate

3 - do you need a downstairs toilet facility? is it okay to have 2 stairgates for kids to go through to get to toilet?
No you don't need a downstairs toilet, but you will need to think about supervision issues.

I'll probably think of loads more, can't wait to attend a training session to get started and have my questions answered! :clapping:

Hope this helps and good luck

tulip0803
01-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi

1 - where do you set aside for safe sleeping? can you put travel cots in your bedroom or your childs bedroom? When I was under OFSTED they registered all my rooms and I had a travel cot in my son's room as it had the most space. Now I am under CSSIW in Wales they said they would not register upstairs for sleping so I have to put the travel cot in a quiet corner:rolleyes: Mindees have slept ok though.

2 - do you use your own kids toys/equipment for your mindees or have seperate stuff? A mixture of both - if my children are particularly attatched to something they know not to bring it downstairs. As they outgrow things the business buys them if they are useful

3 - do you need a downstairs toilet facility? is it okay to have 2 stairgates for kids to go through to get to toilet? Downstairs toilets are great but not essential. Had one before don't have one now. I have 2 gates one at top one at bottom and has not been a problem. My inspector had to climb the top gate on my last inspection as she couldn't open it and I was doing lunch:laughing:

Hello and Good Luck:thumbsup:

TinyTinker
03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks for replies!

I now have a date for my information session - 24th September! too long to wait, :( . but they said my ICP training and first aid training will probably be starting before that! strange way round of doing things really, but at least things are moving!