PDA

View Full Version : What Song and Why?

VINASOL
30-07-2010, 06:26 PM
One of my most FAVOURITE songs is Champagne Supernova by Oasis. It is because it was sung to me by a gorgeous lad on a Monday night in front of everyone one in a pub where I worked (when I was about 25)...he did it to 'wooo' me - it totally worked lol ;) :blush:

What song bring backs happy memories for you?

p.s. he had a really good voice too

Hebs
30-07-2010, 06:33 PM
The Mavricks, dance the night away...... tenerife first holiday abroad with the kids, happy times :D

Alibali
30-07-2010, 06:38 PM
'When the doves cry' by Prince. Used to love Prince and my bf at the time was gorgeous and used to sing this to me! Why is when you get older you don't get excited about things like that anymore?

Tatia
30-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Stairway to Heaven, my life's anthem. :thumbsup:

Doobie Brothers - Listen to the Music - just because it always makes me feel happy. :D

If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...cos my husband sings it to me. ;)

WibbleWobble
30-07-2010, 06:58 PM
The first time ever i saw your face sung by roberta flack -our first dance

Wish you were here by Pink floyd - just my fave song ever

Anything by Led Zep

any blues with a slide guitar....makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end

mandy x

onceinabluemoon
30-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Baker Street

love the saxophone solo in the middle, makes me tingle, would love to be able to play that!

Gizmo
30-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

1st song we had at our wedding I just love it :D

Tatia
30-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Parsley, you have incredibly GOOD taste in music!!! :thumbsup:

funemnx
30-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Let there be love - Nat King Cole, because I'm an old fashioned gal at heart! :)

sarah707
30-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Anything by Pink Floyd makes the back of my neck tingle with happy memories of student days - I really wish I'd seen them live.

I love my musicals as well I think my favourite song is one that Michael Ball sings from Les Miserables...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnjcX8skXk

I love this one from the film 'Working Girl'. It makes me feel positive every time I listen to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-0mmVnxPA

I love Queen songs - who wants to live forever with a background of Highlander always makes me smile or cry depending on my mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOE_b4aYD0

Oh and Dire Straits 'Telegraph Road' gets me every time - and I did see them live waaaay back in 1984!! :eek: :D

WibbleWobble
30-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Parsley, you have incredibly GOOD taste in music!!! :thumbsup:

my hubby says he fell in love with me then fell in love with my record collection...

apparently i have the best collection of Frank Zappa records he has ever seen!

mandy xxx

RachelE
30-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Rod stewart - 'you're in my heart, you're in my soul' and 'when I need you' - when dh and I first started dating, he was on the road a lot and the latter song was appropriate. The first was our first song at wedding.

I also love Chamapagne Supernova and dont look banck in anger from Oasis, reminds me of dh and I early days.

'Dizzy' mine and best mates song from the 90's.

'Sit down' by James. - it was everyones fave at school. A girl in our year died of Toxic shock syndrome and it was played at her funeral and our leaving disco - not a dry eye in the house at either.

Its funny how much a song can bring back so many memories!

Rachel x

It's a small world
30-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Right There by Brian Adams . It was mine and dh's first dance at our wedding and the words were perfect for the occasion . Lovvveeee Brian Adams :clapping:

I love my musicals as well I think my favourite song is one that Michael Ball sings from Les Miserables...

My all time favorite musical I love 'On my own' ds (2) sings it too. Also love 'A Little Fall of Rain' actually the cd is in my car so always sing along to it :laughing:

wendywu
30-07-2010, 08:33 PM
True by Spandau Ballet and More Than This by Brian Ferry, they remind me of being young free and single. Also slow dancing at night clubs :blush:

jelly15
30-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Aerosmith - Don't want miss a thing
Train - Drops of Jupiter

Don't now why they just lift me. Know what you mean Sarah about the one from working girl.

mrs c
30-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Stereophonics - handbags and gladrags. Just love hearing Kelly Jones singing this. My best 'me' time is working at my allotment with this playing on my ipod and I hate it if anyone tries to talk to me when this track is on!!
Wet Wet Wet - Love is all around, Wishing Well, tracks for the 'me' time. Marti Pellow sings so well on these
Also like quite a few Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music songs - been a fan for longer than I care to remember.

Tatia
30-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks to this thread, I have been stuck in You Tube for HOURS!!! I was searching all my favourite old songs

Sweet Baby James
Time in a Bottle
Ode to Billy Joe
The Highwaymen
Harper Valley PTA
The Devil Went Down To Georgia
Starry, Starry Night
Fire and Rain
Werewolves of London

gegele
30-07-2010, 10:47 PM
i can't put my finger on 1favorite song!

our first dance was "thank you for loving me" Bon Jovi

but there are song that make me feel different things LOL

"closer" put me in really really happy bouncy mood : memory of my last days pregnant with my son, bouncing on my gym ball ah ah ah aha h

the music of "sweet child of mine" guns n roses send me crazy

and i LOVE the music of the training in rocky 4!!!!!! after rocky 4 i can conquer the world!! i had it in the background when i was finishing the last paper the night before my inspection and i will have it next week when i'll start my SEF!!!!!!!

oh and band of brothers of dire straight send me back to my teenage years!

Vyx
01-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Lovely Day by Bill Withers. Pretty much somes up my life and how I feel about my DH :blush:

And yes, it was our wedding song too >)

jo f
01-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Dolly parton- 9-5!
not as if i've ever worked 9-5! But I love it! Reminds me of great times with my best mate in Flying Handbag Blackpool!!! I was always on the toilet though when they put it on- I'm sure they waited for me to go! (too much info!)

estrelas
01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

1st song we had at our wedding I just love it :D

this is my fav to, reminds me of a long ago boyfriend :)

FussyElmo
01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks to this thread, I have been stuck in You Tube for HOURS!!! I was searching all my favourite old songs

The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Me and my brother used to have this on record we loved it drove my mum crazy with it.

Love Queen was gutted my older brother didnt take me to see the magic tour he went and using the excuse of my age (think I was only about 8) is no excuse.

Now its Mr Brightside by the Killers :thumbsup:

Stillgoingstrong
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Dolly parton- 9-5!
not as if i've ever worked 9-5! But I love it! Reminds me of great times with my best mate in Flying Handbag Blackpool!!! I was always on the toilet though when they put it on- I'm sure they waited for me to go! (too much info!)

Mines Dolly too but "I will always love you" :clapping: So much better than the Whitney version. And, sorry to say, most Punk stuff from the late 70's - too many faves to mention:thumbsup: :D :eek:

AnnieM
01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
'It's been a good year for the roses' Elvis Costello
'When doves cry' Prince

Both those songs remind me of a fabulous time I had in Jesey when I was 16, it was a few months after we lost my dad :( and my mum treated us to a trip away, my brother lived over there at the time and introduced me to loads of people who worked there. It was my first real taste of freedom and I loved it. :D

Cammie Doodle
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't have 1 favourite song, you have mentioned loads that I like, but 2 close to my heart are :
3 Times a Lady (Lionel Ritchie) 1st Dance at our wedding.( Ah bless 31 years ago:blush: )
The second that I hold dear is Kama Cameleon because the midwife sang this to me when she heard what we were naming our longed for son (Cameron) so she changed it to Kama Cameron and sang it everytime I met her 26 yrs ago;)
Is'nt it funny how music can take you back and evoke some really powerful feelings :D

Carol M
02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Phil Collins..... Groovy kinda love ( But I remember the Original! )
Led Zep...... Stairway to Heaven ( Teenage angst!)
Roberta Flack + Peebo Bryson...... Tonight I celebrate my love for You ( 1st dance!)
Tears For Fears..... Chains ( trips to my brothers place in France)
Chicago...... If you leave me now (OMG getting choked up now, sad memories with this one)
Why is music so emotional? I welled up when I first heard my mindee singing Twinkle Twinkle little star on his own whilst playing with star finger puppet.
Carol xx

Polly2
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Anything by Pink Floyd makes the back of my neck tingle with happy memories of student days - I really wish I'd seen them live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnjcX8skXk

I love this one from the film 'Working Girl'. It makes me feel positive every time I listen to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-0mmVnxPA

I love Queen songs - who wants to live forever with a background of Highlander always makes me smile or cry depending on my mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOE_b4aYD0

Oh and Dire Straits 'Telegraph Road' gets me every time - and I did see them live waaaay back in 1984!! :eek: :D

oooh I love the film working girl and that song!! Those were the days my hair was in fashion :laughing:

Polly2
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I also love 'nothings gonna stop us now' by starship...takes me back to my first boyfriend...:blush: