PDA

View Full Version : help with my OU assignment please

piglet1973
29-07-2010, 10:18 AM
i am doing an assignment and need some suggestions. i had to watch a dvd of babies painting and playing with collection of shiny things both in small groups with a member of staff and identify welfare and provision in it . i identified good relationships/key person and safe and secure environment......i now need to name two implications of the welfare and provision i discussed ...ie ideas on key person approach and safe and secure environment in my setting.....any help really appreciated need to give it in on 2nd aug
thanks in advance

The Juggler
29-07-2010, 11:22 AM
have a look at some Peter Elfer stuff if you can and also Bowlby for attachment theory - linked to the keyworker system.

For the shiny stuff - try treasure basket research - Eleanor Goldschmeid

you could look at PSED for the being with the adult and small groups of children - learning how to play with others, learning from others (check out Bruner and Vygotsky's theories)

piglet1973
29-07-2010, 07:01 PM
i need an implication!! something i can bring bak to my setting from what ive watched???? very difficult...i talked about how i noticed the special relationship between babies and staff and key person ....just not sure wot implications that could have on my practice as a childminder
running out of time and very confused
thanks for your reply i have discussed those things in the analysis of dvd sequence
julie x

The Juggler
29-07-2010, 08:53 PM
i need an implication!! something i can bring bak to my setting from what ive watched???? very difficult...i talked about how i noticed the special relationship between babies and staff and key person ....just not sure wot implications that could have on my practice as a childminder
running out of time and very confused
thanks for your reply i have discussed those things in the analysis of dvd sequence
julie x

couldn't you talk about the implications on the child's attachment if say a childminder was not fully aware of attachment issues or didn't respond appropriately to the child.

Or the implications for not having a policy about this? Or do you mean the implications for your learning from this video on how it will change your practice?

I would say, as you have reflected on attachment theory and xxx it has made you see that to not do xxxx would have xxx effect on the child and to do xxx would mean that the child/parent would benefit because xxxx

sorry not sure if that helps.:blush:

piglet1973
29-07-2010, 09:09 PM
yes implications on my learning ....implications on my setting things i could do or change
thanks for ur help

The Juggler
29-07-2010, 09:22 PM
yes implications on my learning ....implications on my setting things i could do or change
thanks for ur help

well if you've thought of adjusting something say in your settling in policy then you could refer to the change you made and why (what reading made you chnage it).

I would as well as saying what you will/have done to change say what potential benefits that would bring to parent partnership and the childrne themselves.

good luckx

selena 31
29-07-2010, 09:33 PM
hi there what bout the implications of how the key person attachment means that the childs learning disposition is making them suseptable to learn for you to be able to access the development stage and move on to the childs next steps and the relationship enables this, and make you look at the resources and the way you provide play supporting it but not interfering as in baby zpd and modelling childs development and the materials you provide like the mirrors for babies to become aware of themelves and surroundings,to look in it together so baby can see you too, facial expressions etc

hope that helps but may not be on the right track of what you looking for?

mama2three
30-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Could some of the implications be relating to improving or extending your settling in or transition policies in order to allow the attachments to transfer from one carer to another?

Or use the hierachy of needs to show how security / safety etc is an underlying need and how your risk assessments etc are fundamental to this?