PDA

View Full Version : Final pre flight checks..........

Vyx
28-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi Folks

So I've got my first family visiting tomorrow.............got my

* "superfile" ready (P&Ps, RAs, copies of certificate and insurance certificate, evac plan & house rules - this is my "viewing" copy, not what I am planning to give parents to keep).

* Parent pack is upstairs, but V quickly accessable (hopefully for the "Oh you want to sign contracts today?" moment (cue over the top, hand on heart acting that I am soooo totally unpreprared for that on the first visit ;) ) - I live in hope)

* Contracts and child record forms in a similarly accessable (but not openly on the dining room table) place

LIST OF QUESTIONS TO ASK FAMILY (he is 7 months old)

Bottle or sippy cup?
Naps. When, how long and where?

Known allergies

Comfort objects. I.e. dummy

Types of nappy

Started on solids yet? What?

Special routines, i.e. watching a specific program every afternoon with Mum/Dad/Nan etc

Foot/leg exercises (he has club feet)

Not coming until 2pm so please add your own suggestions :) :) :) :) :)

Many thanks

Vyx

xx

flowerpots
29-07-2010, 06:19 AM
no sugestions but just wanted to say good luck.

angeldelight
29-07-2010, 06:51 AM
You are organised and have it all under control

Good luck hope all goes well

Angel xx

karensmart4
29-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Best of luck, you sound fine. My one bit of advice...be yourself :thumbsup:

Vyx
29-07-2010, 09:46 AM
They have cancelled.

moljak
29-07-2010, 12:13 PM
They have cancelled.

oh no :(

any reason?

shelly2012
29-07-2010, 12:15 PM
:mad: That is rotten sorry

Vyx
29-07-2010, 01:02 PM
She left me a voicemail to say that they couldn't make that time, apologised and thanked me for my time. Which sounded a bit final, plus no request to reschedule.

So I rang her back and left a very cheery voicemail asking if she wanted to re arrange or was she sorted elsewhere. She has just rang me back to say that they have gone to another childminder. She that the only reason for this was because the other childminder was on her direct route to work.

Well we have learned to not let the housework slide so the next enquiry I get I can say "come on over RIGHT NOW" rather than "hmmmmm how about in 3 days" lol (the 3 days wasn't all for the housework btw, I did have other things on too lol)

Really really hacked off and trying very hard to pick myself back up, had another enquiry but that has fell through as well :(

coffee-time
29-07-2010, 04:34 PM
im so sorry to hear that, i dont think people realise how much we have to do to prepare for them, ive had a let down too, meant to be signing contracts yesterday but called off because the mum was sick, now im wondering if theyve changed their minds. dont let it get to you im sure there will be something even better just around the corner:thumbsup:

miffy
29-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that, but at least she let you know why.

Fingers crossed something even better comes along soon

Miffy xx

samb
30-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh no you sounded so prepared and excited as well. Hope you have more enquiries soon. x

Vyx
31-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Unfortunately enquiries don't pay the bills :(

I have been doing some ad hoc temping and it looks like there is a permenent job offer on the table. I'm going to have to put the childminding on hold and get a 'proper' job for a while. My husband has been very supportive but his salary only stretches so far, even when it's topped up by the temp work I do, and we are really struggling. Plus DH is signed off at the moment with severe depression (which was a bit of a shock) and the additional worry over finances really isn't helping his recovery :(

I'm absolutely gutted but we can't struggle on like this any longer and I have to do what is best for my family.

Many thanks for all the support.

Vyx.

xx

WibbleWobble
31-07-2010, 08:19 AM
just read your email

you will have to come over next week....

speak soon

mandy xxxxx

coffee-time
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
hi just wanted to say that i have a 'proper' job which i cant afford to give up yet until the childminding gets up and running, i work mon-weds at royal mail (been there 15 yrs) so have advertised to childmind thurs and fri only which does limit the amount of calls ive been getting but i have just got a mindee starting next thurs ( will be thurs and fri one week and thurs only another every other week) im going to keep the royal mail job for now as its a definite income and see how it goes, what im trying to say is maybe you could get a job 2 or 3 days a week and childmind the other days just to get started its seems to be working out for me although it has taken some time!
good luck to you whatever you decide to do:)