PDA

View Full Version : EYFS

jake
28-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Am i right in thinking that once children reach 5 they are at the end of the eyfs? thanks jake

Pipsqueak
28-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Its not when they reach five, EYFS continues up to the 31st August following their fifth birthday - so basically till they start year 1

jake
28-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Right ok,so what about my before and after schoolies?do i still include them in the eyfs until they are 8?and do they still have to have a daily diary and be observed ect.Im getting a bit confused about it all to be honest! thanks jake

birch24
28-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Right ok,so what about my before and after schoolies?do i still include them in the eyfs until they are 8?and do they still have to have a daily diary and be observed ect.Im getting a bit confused about it all to be honest! thanks jake

once they are at the end of reception you don't have to do any early years stuff, although its good practise to continue with journals, you dont have to do observations ect, i would still do the daily diary just so parents have something to see what they have been up to. but basically from year 1 you stop the eyfs stuff.

hope this makes sense and helps a bit.:D

jake
28-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Thats great help,thanks.Any chance you could give me any info on the learning journals as i dont really know where to start! thanks jake

sarah707
28-07-2010, 05:36 PM
A learning journal is a collection of...

Observations;

Assessments;

Next steps;

Individual planning;

Pictures done by child;

Photos;

Comments from parents;

Comments from child;

Comments from other settings... all in a nice booklet or loose leaf or scrap book, however you want to present it :D

jake
28-07-2010, 06:26 PM
wow DING DING i get it now,thanks a lot sarah x