PDA

View Full Version : contracts

jake
28-07-2010, 11:00 AM
hi im newly registered and just trying to get my head around contracts....do we draw the contract up and then show it to the parents or do we do it with the parents present?thanks jake

Pipsqueak
28-07-2010, 12:17 PM
First of all, I cannot stress this enough - familiarise yourself with which ever contract you are using (NCMA, MM or your own).
Make sure you read the fronts and backs so that you understand it. If you don't understand it or sections of - ring NCMA/MM and ask them - or ask on here!

Ideally you should draw up the contract with parents, so that you can explain it as you are going through it page by page. That way it helps to avoid misunderstandings and 'well you never told me' (even though they signed it)

Ideally if a couple live together, get BOTH parents to sign so its a joint responsibility. That way you are more protected.
Obviously if its a single parent or other then both parents do not need to sign.

jake
28-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Thankyou so much for that,what about anything that i myself want to add to it?like say holiday pay ect,do i add that before i go through it with parents?thanks jake