PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do ?

Marshmallow
28-07-2010, 06:42 AM
:panic: Please help :panic:

I'm new to minding, and have a mindee who started with me a little while ago.
Her parents led me to believe care was for 3 days every 3 weeks mon- wed, and mon- thurs every 4 th week.
So I agreed.
However now it turns out it can be any 3 days of the week mon-thurs for the 1st 3 weeks then a 4 day week on the 4th.
I now cannot take on any one else has I have to be available for her, for no extra money.

I suppose the question is :rolleyes: shouldn't they be paying me for the 4 days every week?
Am I :littleangel: being unreasonable ?

I hope I have explained this properly, and please help me.
( I am considering giving her notice :blush: I am being unfair, and how do I tell the parents )

jaja
28-07-2010, 06:54 AM
no i would charge for the time they were taking up, its giving up a full time space for 7 days a month? if i read that right, you could always call them in for a review and talk to them about it, says it s not working like this and discuss maybe half fee for 6 months but if someone else turns up then they will get the place and not there lo, and then give the option of securing full 4 days a week, you may find that they start using the 4 days wahtever if they are paying for it..

sending hugs

xxxxx

Bushpig
28-07-2010, 06:55 AM
They are expecting you to have unpaid days every month? Not a chance. They need to pay you. I am surprised this was not made clear when contracts were signed? Not good. How soon could you fill this space?

I would give notice. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
28-07-2010, 06:56 AM
What does your contract say?

Angel xx

jaja
28-07-2010, 06:57 AM
reread it:blush: :blush: :blush: i personally would charge 1/2 fee for the extra day only because it frees me up some weeks, but i would reveiw with the parents and discuss all options, explain why you carnt take another child on in the weeks that she comes one day and not the other, really she is asking for full time care but only wants to oay for what she uses, even in a nursery she wouldnt be allowed to do this....

going to wake myself up now, cause clearly i am not reading things this morning, lol

xxx

The Juggler
28-07-2010, 07:18 AM
hon, what is in the contract 3 days/week? I would explain that you set the fee as this was what you thought but now it's four days you expect to be paid for at least 4 days. As jaja says explain you can't take anyone else on to fill those days.:)

Marshmallow
28-07-2010, 08:08 AM
:blush: The contract says 3 days care between Mon- Thurs, as they told me 1 week in four they would need a Thursday.
They led me to believe it would be Mon- Tues- Wed 3 weeeks a month, then 1 week Mon thru Thurs.
Which means they are technically taking up 4 days a week and only paying for 3, as I cant fill the other day, because its a different day off every week :angry:
I feel they knew the drill, and they are using me :eek:

They have only been with me for 3 weeks, so I have the option of reviewing/ giving notice next week.:idea:
I feel bad as the Mindee had only just settled in properly:panic: :panic: :panic:

I feel such a fool:crying:

HELEN10
28-07-2010, 08:16 AM
I would double check your contract does it say that the three days are variable? If not then on the Mon - Wed week if she wants Thur as well then she owes you an extra day!

I would have personally charged for four days or even five as you can't fit anyone around that as the fourth week you only have the Fri.

Would give her the option of paying for the place first though before thinking of notice.

little chickee
28-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I would tell the parent that you are sorry but you have misunderstood their requirements. As you are still in the settling in period you can make adjustments to the contract.

I would say that as they are using up 4 days spaces they need to pay full fee for 4 days a week. Explain that as they are taking up the space they need to pay for it regardless of only actually using 3 days.

I would be tough and say that if they do not agree to the new terms you will have no option but to give notice. If they think you will back down over money issues you are stacking up trouble for the future.

gegele
28-07-2010, 08:21 AM
i had similar thing when a mum said she'd need 3-4 different days every week so i told her that i had to chrage her for 4 as i was losing money and she agree.......and gave me the kids 4days a week regardless if she was working or not lol:D