PDA

View Full Version : VERY long term planning

samkeddy
27-07-2010, 05:45 AM
hi,
I am in the middle of putting together some theme planning, yearly, monthly and weekly full of different activities and links to the EYFS, what i want to know is is it ok to follow these same themes year in year out, obviously altering and adding bits as i fancy and ensuring its always age appropriate?
Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
27-07-2010, 06:14 AM
I have a yearly plan for 2 years which I roll over. They have loose themes and each year I use them as a basis to plan a couple of activities a week, age appropriate and therefore they are different each time. It is good because the planning is already there once you have worked through 2 years and it just needs "tweaking" here and there to suit the children that I have

sarah707
27-07-2010, 06:49 AM
I have yearly planning but probably enough like Debbie for 2 years worth.

I do not stick to it rigidly but there are certain things we do each year such as Chinese New Year and Christmas.

I collect info from magazines and the internet and use ideas I have developed and know work from over the years.

If you start off a planning folder now and add to it each month... in a years time you will be amazed at how much you have built up :D

miffy
27-07-2010, 06:54 AM
And don't forget your planning should follow the children's interests. :)

Miffy xx

samkeddy
27-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Thanks,

at the moment it is only to have as a kind of back up plan for the days or weeks im struggling to think of something new and exciting to do or when the childs intrests have been well and truely exhausted for that time!

Cammie Doodle
27-07-2010, 07:20 AM
I do similar to Debbie and Sarah, on the advise of a reception teacher, she has done this for years. And like you Sarah adds and tweaks where and when neccesary for the child/ children. It has worked so far :D