PDA

View Full Version : mmmm decisions decisions

Mookins
26-07-2010, 09:08 PM
little dilemma....my fire point im hoping to be the garden across from my house easy access no gates fence etc etc now idealy id like to ask the owners asap to make sure this is all in place....BUT

the woman is lovely...dont get me wrong very polite always smiling made us very welcome when we moved here...BUT.... the biggest gossipers ever!!!

this could work in my favour but could also go against me as i havent yet told my neighbours either side of us or anyone else up my road and im kinda worried thwy will decide they dont like the idea and complain to the housing people we rent from and put a stop to it all

the only other place would be the village hall which is round the corner but its just not the best place fi you understand me.....

what to do what to do x x

TammyN
26-07-2010, 09:24 PM
my fire point is out my front door into the cul de sac opposite, ive not got one at the back, can u not do the same?

Mookins
26-07-2010, 09:33 PM
my fire point is out my front door into the cul de sac opposite, ive not got one at the back, can u not do the same?

sorry the garden im on about is out the front... i do have houses behindd our house too and a pathway that leads to the village hall hence why i mentioned it but its a windy path and then having to cross a busy road and then another one

should really tell the neighbours i suppose...be brave and all that one neighbour is deaf so he shouldnt have a problem the other side always have their granfchildren round so probably used to noise but cant guarantee it...

theres always something
x x

sarah707
27-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Hmmmm just to take you back a step ...

If you haven't got written permission from the landlord you will not be insured for using the premises for a business.

You will also be opening a huge big can of worms.

Am I reading you right? xx

rickysmiths
27-07-2010, 08:05 AM
I agree with Sarah you need written permission from your Landlord before you start working. Without it you are on very thin ground. As Sarah said probably not insured and you are not fulfilling the requirements of your registration because Ofsted require written permission form the Landlord or Freeholder if you live in and own your own flat. I would get writing letters today.

My Fire Escapes take me into the Front or Back Garden not half way down into the town if the fire was that bad we would possibly cross the road out of the way, if we were in the back we would have to wait for the Fire Brigade because the back garden has no way out apart from through the house.

As soon as I get out of the house and rally the children I would be on the phone to my Emergency Carers for assistance, they are nearer to me than any of my parents and then the parents to collect asap.

I keep a folder in a sealed envelope by my door with a copy of the childrens emergency contact details, photos of the children with their parents and anyone who normally collects them. There is also a list of the days and times the children are with me. There are also photos and contact details for my 3 emergency carers. This is also there incase something were to happen to me, the emergency services would have all the info they needed to identify the children and contact parents etc. Mrs O was very impressed with this when I was last inspected.

Mookins
27-07-2010, 04:25 PM
oh my word....YES i certainly have permission from our landlords first thing i did before i started anything else lol

sorry my post wasnt very clear it was getting late

i meant i wanted to ask permission from the people who own the garden across from my house to use that as my fire point where we all gather for practices and emergencies etc.

lol

x x x