PDA

View Full Version : have i done the right thing?

coffee-time
25-07-2010, 08:34 AM
i had a visit from potential mindee and parents yesterday, they want thurs and fri 1 week and fri only 1 week every other week, im fine with that as at the mo i can only do thurs and fri as i work the rest of the week for royal mail (cant afford to give it up yet), i did ask on here the other day about retainers for the friday every other week that they wont need me, and i decided to tell them i would have to charge half fee for that day, they were a bit surprised (not used a childminder before) she only works in marks and spencers and feels it wouldnt be worth working if childcare is going to cost too much, i understand this totally so eventually i said i would only charge for days they actually use me, i really want this mindee as havent had any yet and only offering thurs and fri so im a bit limited, i just want to get started really so with that in mind have i done the right thing? they havent got back to me yet said theyed call in a couple of days, theyve seen one other childminder who is more experienced than me ( although ive got 3 kids of my own) not sure if she would give in on retainer as i have!!
thanks for reading!

sarah707
25-07-2010, 09:05 AM
It very often suits me to just charge for the days I work.

It's your business and up to you what you ask. :D

funfunfun
25-07-2010, 09:11 AM
I feel the same as sarah as if you charge them they may just be tempted to use you when they dont really need you purley for the fact they are paying for it

so sad for the kiddies though.

I think you have made the right decision , although i am quite strict with fee's as i feel if you do it for one , its reasonable for another parent to ask for the same :)

miffy
25-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Sometimes it's worth compromising if it means getting the work you need/want.

Hope it works out for you

Miffy xx

coffee-time
25-07-2010, 06:11 PM
thankyou, makes me feel better, they were really nice people and i wanted to be fair, to be honest charging for a day they arent using didnt seem fair so i gave in! still waiting to hear if they want to go with me though!